moderated An anoying letter that comes up in the address bar of Google chrome browser.

Albert Cutolo

Good evening everyone,

When I go into my google chrome’s address bar too type a search, there is a letter a that comes up which I can’t get rid of, even when  I try using the delete key on my dell  laptop computer. No matter how many times I try deleting that a letter, its still appears.  I’ve gone into the settings for chrome, deleted history, cash cookies and passwords and also did a clear all data.  How can I get rid of that a letter?

Thanks for any and all suggestions and advice,

Al

Bill White

Hi, Albert. You Can't. It happens to everyone, but it doesn't interfere with the search.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

When I go into my google chrome’s address bar too type a search, there is a letter a that comes up which I can’t get rid of, even when  I try using the delete key on my dell  laptop computer. No matter how many times I try deleting that a letter, its still appears.  I’ve gone into the settings for chrome, deleted history, cash cookies and passwords and also did a clear all data.  How can I get rid of that a letter?

Thanks for any and all suggestions and advice,

Al

Tom Behler

Al:

I’ve also noticed this recently.

The letter “A” always pops up in the Google Chrome address bar.

I’ve tried to get rid of it too, but have had no luck so far.

I’m now getting to the point where I just ignore it and move on.

Tom Behler

When I go into my google chrome’s address bar too type a search, there is a letter a that comes up which I can’t get rid of, even when  I try using the delete key on my dell  laptop computer. No matter how many times I try deleting that a letter, its still appears.  I’ve gone into the settings for chrome, deleted history, cash cookies and passwords and also did a clear all data.  How can I get rid of that a letter?

Thanks for any and all suggestions and advice,

Al

T. Civitello

Brave has the same annoying occurrence.  Tom

When I go into my google chrome’s address bar too type a search, there is a letter a that comes up which I can’t get rid of, even when  I try using the delete key on my dell  laptop computer. No matter how many times I try deleting that a letter, its still appears.  I’ve gone into the settings for chrome, deleted history, cash cookies and passwords and also did a clear all data.  How can I get rid of that a letter?

Thanks for any and all suggestions and advice,

Al

Marty Hutchings

Yes, I have one too.  It is an S.  I can't delete it.

--
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings

techsavi.shankar@...

What I have observed is once start typing the term in the address bar, the letter “A” will be deleted/disappeared.

But, still it’s a bug.

This email I d is used only for list subscriptions.

Thanks and regards.

Shankar.C

For offline comminucations please reach-out  on below shared details.

Mobile/whatsapp: 7795927572.

Email: shankar.c@....

[...]

I am seriously wondering whether this is a bug in Google Chrome or something else.

If the character were "actually there" (and I am NOT saying you're not having it announced) it should screw up what you're typing were it to be included in the URL, and I doubt it would necessarily be selected by default.

For those of you who may have sighted assistants available, ask them whether the letter you're hearing is actually visible in the address bar.  It would be interesting to know if it is actually something that can be seen or some weird artifact of the interaction between screen reader and Google Chrome.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Bill White

Hi, Brian. I suspect that you are right and it is a weird artifact of the interaction between screen reader and Google Chrome. When I tried using Narrator with Chrome, it wouldn't read what is in the Address Bar, so I can't verrify how Narrator reacts with the address bar.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I am seriously wondering whether this is a bug in Google Chrome or something else.

If the character were "actually there" (and I am NOT saying you're not having it announced) it should screw up what you're typing were it to be included in the URL, and I doubt it would necessarily be selected by default.

For those of you who may have sighted assistants available, ask them whether the letter you're hearing is actually visible in the address bar.  It would be interesting to know if it is actually something that can be seen or some weird artifact of the interaction between screen reader and Google Chrome.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Steve Nutt

Hi Brian,

I think it is a bug in Chrome, because I get it, but I ignore it.

Is there some underlined A by the address bar field by any chance? You’d be able to tell us that as a sighted person. If there is, JAWS could be mistakenly reading it as if it were a shortcut, like Alt A or something.

All the best

Steve

I am seriously wondering whether this is a bug in Google Chrome or something else.

If the character were "actually there" (and I am NOT saying you're not having it announced) it should screw up what you're typing were it to be included in the URL, and I doubt it would necessarily be selected by default.

For those of you who may have sighted assistants available, ask them whether the letter you're hearing is actually visible in the address bar.  It would be interesting to know if it is actually something that can be seen or some weird artifact of the interaction between screen reader and Google Chrome.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Steve Nutt

Hi Bill,

You can get Narrator to read the address bar, if you alt tab away from, and back to, Chrome once you’ve opened it. It seems that Narrator doesn’t recognise that you’ve opened a program when you launch Chrome, and thinks it’s still on the desktop. I have reported this bug to the Narrator team.

All the best

Steve