Topics

moderated An access issue

Justin Mcdevitt

Hello group,

There are occasions when I need to contact Apple tech support, as all of my playlists are stored in iTunes on my PC.

As a longtime IE user until recently, after setting up a screen-sharing session through the Ara.apple.com site, I would just press Control N to run the app to connect with a support person.

Now, using Chrome, when attempting to connect with tech support, I receive an error message that I need permission to open third-party apps and that the app is not approved by Microsoft. There is a tab to change permissions, though pressing enter does not change the permission status.

I have tried briefly using Brave. However, after downloading it, and then opening it up, there is a lot of nonsense about earning rewards points and I haven’t taken the time to see how I can change this when it opens.

For those of us who are not blessed with technological acumen, it is a good thing that this lists is in existence.

Best to all,  Justin

Bill White

Hi, Justin. I don't know if this will correct your problem with opening third-party apps, but try the following,

1. Go to Windows Settings with Windows Key plus I, if you have Windows 10.

2. Right Arrow to Apps and Features, and press ENTER.

3. Make sure that Choose Where to get Apps from is set to Anywhere.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Justin Mcdevitt
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2020 6:08 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: An access issue

Hello group,

There are occasions when I need to contact Apple tech support, as all of my playlists are stored in iTunes on my PC.

As a longtime IE user until recently, after setting up a screen-sharing session through the Ara.apple.com site, I would just press Control N to run the app to connect with a support person.

Now, using Chrome, when attempting to connect with tech support, I receive an error message that I need permission to open third-party apps and that the app is not approved by Microsoft. There is a tab to change permissions, though pressing enter does not change the permission status.

I have tried briefly using Brave. However, after downloading it, and then opening it up, there is a lot of nonsense about earning rewards points and I haven’t taken the time to see how I can change this when it opens.

For those of us who are not blessed with technological acumen, it is a good thing that this lists is in existence.

Best to all,  Justin

kevin meyers

Justin,

What version of Itunes do you use? I’m using the most recent version. I’m unable to create a playlist with songs I have outside of Itunes. Do you know how to create the playlists?

Thanks,

Kevin

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Mcdevitt
Sent: Sunday, June 14, 2020 8:08 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: An access issue

Hello group,

Best to all,  Justin