Topics

moderated Amazon Web site

T. Civitello

I started having a problem with the Amazon WEB site yesterday. At check out things went into a loop between proceed to check out and sign in. I called their accessibility line and they told me to change my password, I did and was able to sign in. Now after I sign in I get this challenge question: "What is the expiration date of your credit card?". It comes up with what Jaws says are 2 combo boxes for the month and year. I put Jaws into form mode and enter the month but I can't get to the year combo box. Regardless of whether I am in forms mode or not , tabbing down or arrowing down just changes the month combo box, which Jaws now says is a list box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Tom

Richard Turner

After entering the month, did you hit escape to get out of forms mode and tab to the year box?

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of T. Civitello
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:09 PM
To: Jaws users list <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Amazon Web site

I started having a problem with the Amazon WEB site yesterday. At check out things went into a loop between proceed to check out and sign in. I called their accessibility line and they told me to change my password, I did and was able to sign in. Now after I sign in I get this challenge question: "What is the expiration date of your credit card?". It comes up with what Jaws says are 2 combo boxes for the month and year. I put Jaws into form mode and enter the month but I can't get to the year combo box. Regardless of whether I am in forms mode or not , tabbing down or arrowing down just changes the month combo box, which Jaws now says is a list box. Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Tom

T. Civitello

yes!  Tom

Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2020 5:18 PM
Subject: Re: Amazon Web site

After entering the month, did you hit escape to get out of forms mode and tab to the year box?

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of T. Civitello
To: Jaws users list <main@jfw.groups.io>

Mike B

Did you make sure the screen is maximized?

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go dodgers!
I didn't stop shaking hands because of, COVID-19, I stopped because noone can buy toilet paper!
But, good news!  Due to the hording of toilet paper the LA Times is temporarily changing it's name to:  The Daily Wipe!

----- Original Message -----

Pramit

Try tabbing twice to get out of the box, and see if that works.

Pramit

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 5:39 AM T. Civitello <tcivi31@...> wrote: