moderated Amazon problem?

Andrew J. LaPointe

Hello All, I spent an hour yesterday trying to buy a song on Amazon's
website. Amazon search came up with what I wanted but couldn't get to the
buy now or whatever it says to purchase the song. I had no problems last
year but now, I am using jaws 22 and windows 11 along with office 365 if
that makes a difference. Is there a way to trick the screen to find the
button that will allow me to purchase? Thanks so much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

Rick Mladek

Hi,

Give us an idea to duplicate this on our systems. What song do we look for
and maybe one ov us here can figure this out for you.

TKS,

Rick

Hello All, I spent an hour yesterday trying to buy a song on Amazon's
website. Amazon search came up with what I wanted but couldn't get to the
buy now or whatever it says to purchase the song. I had no problems last
year but now, I am using jaws 22 and windows 11 along with office 365 if
that makes a difference. Is there a way to trick the screen to find the
button that will allow me to purchase? Thanks so much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

William Vandervest

There are some songs thet you can search for and find, but are not available
to purchase as individual mp3's

William Vandervest
timelord09@...
Win10 latest revision

There are none so blind, as those who will not see.

William Vandervest

Hello All, I spent an hour yesterday trying to buy a song on Amazon's
website. Amazon search came up with what I wanted but couldn't get to the
buy now or whatever it says to purchase the song. I had no problems last
year but now, I am using jaws 22 and windows 11 along with office 365 if
that makes a difference. Is there a way to trick the screen to find the
button that will allow me to purchase? Thanks so much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

Glenn / Lenny

I have found that the bit rate you get when buying it from Amazon is no
better than you can get from using a youtube downloader utility.
I would expect at least 220 bit rate, if not 320 bit after paying for a
song.
320 bit is what you get from a CD if you have your rip settings set
correctly.
By default, the rip settings are usually at 128, which is horrible, and once
they are ripped at 128, you cannot just go in and change the bit rate of a
file, you are just making a high quality recording of a poor sounding file.
Glenn

Hello All, I spent an hour yesterday trying to buy a song on Amazon's
website. Amazon search came up with what I wanted but couldn't get to the
buy now or whatever it says to purchase the song. I had no problems last
year but now, I am using jaws 22 and windows 11 along with office 365 if
that makes a difference. Is there a way to trick the screen to find the
button that will allow me to purchase? Thanks so much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

Andrew J. LaPointe

It’s by Kenny Chesney and as there goes my life. It actually said I could purchase it it’s it’s just it wouldn’t clicking on it would not take me to the place where I could just go and buy it.

On Jun 18, 2022, at 1:27 PM, William Vandervest <timelord09@...> wrote:

[...]

Bill White

Hi, Glenn. I don't believe this to be true. The vast majority of songs on
Amazon are at least 192 kbps, not 128 kbps. Some are even higher, in the 200
range.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hello All, I spent an hour yesterday trying to buy a song on Amazon's
website. Amazon search came up with what I wanted but couldn't get to the
buy now or whatever it says to purchase the song. I had no problems last
year but now, I am using jaws 22 and windows 11 along with office 365 if
that makes a difference. Is there a way to trick the screen to find the
button that will allow me to purchase? Thanks so much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

Glenn / Lenny

The last one I bought was 128 bit, about a year or two back, and I gave it a
poor review for the low quality.
Maybe other people complained if Amazon had started using lower bit rates,
and went back to better bit rates.
But having stated that, I still think you should get a better quality than
you can get from Youtube.

Glenn

Hello All, I spent an hour yesterday trying to buy a song on Amazon's
website. Amazon search came up with what I wanted but couldn't get to the
buy now or whatever it says to purchase the song. I had no problems last
year but now, I am using jaws 22 and windows 11 along with office 365 if
that makes a difference. Is there a way to trick the screen to find the
button that will allow me to purchase? Thanks so much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

Bill White

Hi, Andrew. When I did a search on Amazon.com, in Digital Music, I searched
for,
there goes my life, Kenny Chesney
The song came up, but when I clicked on the link associated with that title,
and there were about three, Google Chrome said, Page not found. So, it looks
as if the title is not available for purchase.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Hello All, I spent an hour yesterday trying to buy a song on Amazon's
website. Amazon search came up with what I wanted but couldn't get to the
buy now or whatever it says to purchase the song. I had no problems last
year but now, I am using jaws 22 and windows 11 along with office 365 if
that makes a difference. Is there a way to trick the screen to find the
button that will allow me to purchase? Thanks so much. Andy and Leroy

Andrew J. LaPointe, President
Friends of the Salem Council on Aging
34 Raymond Ave.
Salem, MA. 01970
Home: 978-745-4289 cell: 978-578-0185

Talking Information Center

Mike Pietruk

For informational purposes only:

The song is available for listening on Amazon Music Unlimited.
With 70 mil titles available there, I cannot imagine why anyone still buys
music.
I know I don't.

Bill White

Hi, Mike. I buy titles from Amazon, because I don't want my music-listening
to be tied to whether the Internet is up, and I have data. I want to own my
music, not rent it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...