Topics

moderated Amazon checkout with JAWS 2020

Shirley Tracy

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

Richard Turner

Its not you.

Amazon is broken, and has been for a couple of months.

You might try their accessibility site: www.amazon.com/access

But no promises there.

On their site they have a customer service toll free number, I’d call that as well.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

Adrian Spratt

Amazon checkout works fine with Chrome. Not broken at all.

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

on the accessible site as far as I can tell you don't get access to the markit place and the part of the shopping where you can get items from other cellars

has this changed?

On 2/23/2020 8:42 AM, Richard Turner wrote:

Its not you.

Amazon is broken, and has been for a couple of months.

You might try their accessibility site: www.amazon.com/access

But no promises there.

On their site they have a customer service toll free number, I’d call that as well.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

Richard Turner

Anyone having issues with Amazon accessibility, please call: 1-888-283-1678

Richard

John Covici

I am certain I bought something from Amazon within the last two months
and had no trouble checking out, changing the payment method, etc.

[1 <text/plain; utf-8 (base64)>]
You might try their accessibility site: www.amazon.com/access<http://www.amazon.com/access>

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com<http://www.turner42.com/>

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

[2 <text/html; utf-8 (base64)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

I just bought something last week and unless it's different on Amazon Canada there were 0 issues for me and I never use the accessible site since I find the regular site is perfectly accessible.

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

[2 <text/html; utf-8 (base64)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Glenn / Lenny

I sometimes wonder if folks try to use Amazon without using the quick
navigation keys, like B for button and V for visited link.
Folks can use the control F to find certain words too, like the word Cart
for example.
If you want more than one item, in the check out window, you can use the
letter C for the combo box to select how many, you might need to enter on
it, and then do alt + down arrow to change the number.
The letter H will get you to things like the address and payment method
headers which should be reviewed before using the letter B for the complete
transaction button.
Glenn

I just bought something last week and unless it's different on Amazon
Canada there were 0 issues for me and I never use the accessible site since
I find the regular site is perfectly accessible.

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that
says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still
seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

[2 <text/html; utf-8 (base64)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Merv Keck

I have purchased 44 times in six months using Chrome and Jaws 2020. I have had no issues with the checkout process. I use the regular www.amazon.com in the United States. Not the accessible version.
The only minor issue I have had is once in a while using Chrome an animated graphic will cause Jaws to be silent if the graphic is covering the screen. Most times on amazon if I hit escape the graphic goes away and I am fine.
That only happens a great once in a while and is very minor and easily fixed by tapping the escape key. And this is when searching for an item and not during the checkout process itself.
Merv

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

[2 <text/html; utf-8 (base64)>]
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

dennis

yes and they are very very good over the phone.

--
Dennis Cornelison

Adrian Spratt

Or use Chrome.

Anyone having issues with Amazon accessibility, please call: 1-888-283-1678

Richard

Adrian Spratt

Whether or not this has changed, we don’t want to encourage websites to create separate accessible versions. They will invariably lag the main website.

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

agree

I use the main site myself just purchased something actually several items with out any issues using the main site

On 2/23/2020 11:39 AM, Adrian Spratt wrote:

Whether or not this has changed, we don’t want to encourage websites to create separate accessible versions. They will invariably lag the main website.

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

I don’t use the accessible site. It doesn’t have everything the main site has. But I’m finding it harder to check out once I find what I want. But I can still muddle through. Just takes me longer than it used to.

Shirley Tracy

I use the main site myself just purchased something actually several items with out any issues using the main site

On 2/23/2020 11:39 AM, Adrian Spratt wrote:

Whether or not this has changed, we don’t want to encourage websites to create separate accessible versions. They will invariably lag the main website.

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

CJ &AA MAY

I can just about manage Amazon on my PC but it is far simpler when using my iPhone.

Alison

[...]

Hi Shirley,

Don’t you have your address and credit card information saved? When I am in my cart I just use “b” for buttons and it takes me directly to the “Proceed to Checkout” button.

Once I activate it, all my information is there, shipping address, the card I have used last time and literally all that is left to do is to again use the button quick nav key until I get to “Place your order”, I press enter and that’s it, a few seconds later I get the thank-you for shopping at Amazon message and seconds later my email dings with the order confirmation email. In my opinion Amazon has made an art of quick online checkout. You may want to look at enabling one-click checkout.

Of course if I want to select a different address or credit card I have to do this before I click “Place my order”.

If you have an Amazon Echo speaker you can also set up voice purchasing. I just tried this, I had 5 items in my cart, but a few of them I just put in there for later so I activated the “Save for Later” button.

After I had only the 2 items in my cart which I wanted now I asked my Echo Dot “What’s in my cart”. It told me I had 2 items and what they were, then I told it to “Place my order”. I was prompted for my voice code which I previously set up in the Alexa app (you can add this or disable it), after I spoke my 4-digit code Alexa said “I placed your order”, of course it used my default shipping address and credit card, it also told me the total and that was it.

Best regards,

Sieghard

[...]

That’s the problem: I don’t find the checkout button. Pressing B gives me nothing. And I get a message telling me there is an error with my order and to check back later. That’s mostly with Firefox. With Internet Explorer, I have some trouble but can generally put it through—but I’m concerned about how much longer we will be able to use IE. I can’t figure out what’s going on and did call the accessibility phone number, but they can’t figure out what’s happening. I just wanted to know if any of you are having the same problem.

Thanks. I just placed a large order, and this time it went through after two tries. Success!

Cheerfully,

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

[...]

I’ve never used Chrome. Is there any kind of tutorial? I could probably figure it out, but would like a little help.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Amazon checkout works fine with Chrome. Not broken at all.

Has the Amazon checkout become more complicated or is it just me?

When I use Firefox, I get to the checkout part and I get a message that says there was an error. When I use IE I can get through it, but it still seems more difficult. Anyone else notice this?

Thanks.

Shirley

netbat66

i don't find the checkout either the normal way arrowing or tabbing around the screen
i have to move to the top of the screen then use the windows control f keys to search for the checkout words. then i can do it. and this is with firefox.

[...]

Abraham Sweiss

Freedom scientific has created a series of free video tutorials. One of them is on using chrome. I would suggest searching their website.

Thanks,abraham