From: Pastor Gil Pries
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 11:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Alt F4 Frozen

Maybe your numlock is on.

Pastor Gil

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don Walls
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2020 9:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

I'm using a desktop computer. Last night I could use JAWS key plus F12 to get time as usual. Now I've tried that plus other key combinations with the JAWS key and none of them works.

Don

Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 9:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

[...]

.

Rick Mladek

My mistake, thank you... task manager is what you are wanting lol...

Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 9:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

[...]

Dave Durber

Hello Don:

He meant Task Manager, not Device manager.

Dave durber

Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 9:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

[...]

This thread is so large right now that I can't even remember if Don stated in his original email which version of Windows, Jaws and Office he is using. I am asking because Don asked what Narrator is and while Narrator was of limited use in Windows 7, I think most blind Windows 10 users probably have heard about it since it is being continuously being improved and has been the subject of many Podcasts and email list discussions.

Sent: Friday, February 21, 2020 9:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

[...]

Hi Don,

If none of the function keys work I think it's time to look more closely at your keyboard.
Do you know the make and model?
Would you have another keyboard around you could plug in and try? I suspect that your keyboard either has a button or switch to disable the function keys and you accidently pushed it or it is defective in some other way.

Regards,
Sieghard

[...]

Sieghard, I appreciate all of the responses I've had. I don't know the model of my keyboard and, when I tried to check the original emails around its purchase, I couldn't find the information. I'm using Windows 10 and JAWS 17 (soon to be updated to JAWS 2020). I don't have a sighted person handy just now but oculd try an old keyboard which was okay except for the letter l sticking.