Topics

moderated Adjusting speech rate in say all

John Doering

Please forgive me, but I can’t remember the key strokes to adjust the speech rate of JAWS while in say all.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Office: 4147783040 Extn:4063
Mobile:
445 S Curtis Rd West Allis, WI 53214
https://ibvi.org

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Richard Turner

If you mean to adjust while reading, page down is slower and page up is faster.

HTH,

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 6:06 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Adjusting speech rate in say all

Please forgive me, but I can’t remember the key strokes to adjust the speech rate of JAWS while in say all.

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Mobile:

Industries for the Blind & Visually Impaired accepts no liability for the content of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

John Doering

Thanks ?Richard.

Regards,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Mobile:

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: Adjusting speech rate in say all

If you mean to adjust while reading, page down is slower and page up is faster.

HTH,

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John Doering
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 6:06 AM

Thanks in advance,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Mobile:

From the plain-text edition of the JAWS Keystrokes document for JAWS 2018, but I haven't seen these change, ever:
Command       Keystroke  (and in this case, the keystrokes are the same whether Desktop or Laptop keyboard layout is in use)
Increase Voice Rate During Say All PAGE UP
Decrease Voice Rate During Say All PAGE DOWN
Temporarily Increase Voice Rate When Not in Say All ALT+CTRL+PAGE UP
Temporarily Decrease Voice Rate When Not in Say All ALT+CTRL+PAGE DOWN
Permanently Increase Voice Rate When Not in Say All ALT+WINDOWS Key+CTRL+PAGE UP
Permanently Decrease Voice Rate When Not in Say All ALT+WINDOWS Key+CTRL+PAGE DOWN
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

John Doering

Thanks,

John Doering
Pricing Analyst

Mobile:

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 10:05 AM
Subject: Re: Adjusting speech rate in say all

From the plain-text edition of the JAWS Keystrokes document for JAWS 2018, but I haven't seen these change, ever:
Command       Keystroke  (and in this case, the keystrokes are the same whether Desktop or Laptop keyboard layout is in use)

Increase Voice Rate During Say All PAGE UP

Decrease Voice Rate During Say All PAGE DOWN

Temporarily Increase Voice Rate When Not in Say All ALT+CTRL+PAGE UP

Temporarily Decrease Voice Rate When Not in Say All ALT+CTRL+PAGE DOWN

Permanently Increase Voice Rate When Not in Say All ALT+WINDOWS Key+CTRL+PAGE UP

Permanently Decrease Voice Rate When Not in Say All ALT+WINDOWS Key+CTRL+PAGE DOWN

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting them.

~ Joshua Liebman

Mario

to add my 2 cents to this discussion, the combination to permanently raise or lower the rate affects the overall speed (of everything), not just during a say all. sorry if this appears to be obvious to some, but just wanted to point that out.

-------- Original Message --------
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2020, 11:05 AM
From the plain-text edition of the JAWS Keystrokes document for JAWS
2018, but I haven't seen these change, ever:
Command       Keystroke  (and in this case, the keystrokes are the same
whether Desktop or Laptop keyboard layout is in use)
Increase Voice Rate During Say AllPAGE UP
Decrease Voice Rate During Say AllPAGE DOWN
Temporarily Increase Voice Rate When Not in Say AllALT+CTRL+PAGE UP
Temporarily Decrease Voice Rate When Not in Say AllALT+CTRL+PAGE DOWN
Permanently Increase Voice Rate When Not in Say AllALT+WINDOWS
Key+CTRL+PAGE UP
Permanently Decrease Voice Rate When Not in Say AllALT+WINDOWS
Key+CTRL+PAGE DOWN
--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

*/Tolerance is the positive and cordial effort to understand another's
beliefs, practices, and habits without necessarily sharing or accepting