Topics

moderated Adding signature to MS word document

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using MS word 2016 and most recent version of Jaws 2020. I need to pull into a MS word document my signature that is in another file. Is this possible? Thanks Kevin

If you mean a scanned copy of your actual signature, yes, it's possible.

It's not the simplest thing in the world to do, at least if you want that signature positioned such that it looks like you've "signed on the dotted or solid line."  If the document into which it is to be inserted has any sort of a colored background then you also need to be certain that the image file that has the signature in it has been processed such that the background has been changed to transparent, and the only opaque part is the signature itself.

If the document in question is something you'll be using over and over again, I'd strongly suggest creating a MS-Word document template with the signature already inserted in the template.  The signature will preferably reside on its own page if you expect that the actual data in the document could change such that the dotted-solid line on which the signature is positioned might be bumped as the data expands.

It is far easier to get sighted assistance when the time comes to actually insert the image of the signature in to the document.  There is really no way to adjust it as necessary, both as far as size and position in the document go, without being able to see it.

           ~ André Gide

By the way, an example of a document with a scanned signature inserted in it can be found in the fake invoice fillable form template I recently created:

            Faux_Service_Invoice_Fillable_Form.dotx

           ~ André Gide

Leo

hello, I'm sorry if my question is beyond stupidity, but is it a scanned signature the same as digital signature?  it's because as far as I remember, someone explained to me how to add a signature in word, but I never got luck because whenever I tried it out, MS word redirected me to some websites to make some payment or something like that...

Leo

“Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.”
― haruki murakami,
On 12/4/2020 4:47 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

By the way, an example of a document with a scanned signature inserted in it can be found in the fake invoice fillable form template I recently created:

            Faux_Service_Invoice_Fillable_Form.dotx

           ~ André Gide

A scanned signature is not the same thing as a digital signature.

Just like many organizations will accept, say, a FAX copy of an original document with signature, they'll also accept anything else that produces what looks like the originator's actual signature when printed.  When I submit billing sheets to the Virginia DBVI they all have a scanned copy of my signature inserted on the signature line, in Excel, in that case.

Digital signatures are a thing of their own.

           ~ André Gide

Richard Turner

The Digital signature market seems to have come about because of all the remote transactions, even pre-Covid.

Personally, I would go with a scan of my signature.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

A scanned signature is not the same thing as a digital signature.

Just like many organizations will accept, say, a FAX copy of an original document with signature, they'll also accept anything else that produces what looks like the originator's actual signature when printed.  When I submit billing sheets to the Virginia DBVI they all have a scanned copy of my signature inserted on the signature line, in Excel, in that case.

Digital signatures are a thing of their own.

           ~ André Gide

kevin meyers

Thanks for all input. I have my signature in a jpeg file. Is there a way to pull that jpeg file into a MS word document? This is a one time form I filled out, have to sign it and email it back to my doctor.

A scanned signature is not the same thing as a digital signature.

Just like many organizations will accept, say, a FAX copy of an original document with signature, they'll also accept anything else that produces what looks like the originator's actual signature when printed.  When I submit billing sheets to the Virginia DBVI they all have a scanned copy of my signature inserted on the signature line, in Excel, in that case.

Digital signatures are a thing of their own.

           ~ André Gide

Kevin,

           Use Insert Picture, from this device.  ALT+N,P,D

            You are going to have to have someone who can see to position the signature afterward, and also to reset the wrapping for text around it to text through picture.

           ~ André Gide

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi all,

I usually simply copy/paste the .jpg file at the end of the document and a line above my name. I have had no problems so far.

                              Take care,

                                                            Takis

           Use Insert Picture, from this device.  ALT+N,P,D

            You are going to have to have someone who can see to position the signature afterward, and also to reset the wrapping for text around it to text through picture.

           ~ André Gide

kevin meyers

Thanks this works!!!