moderated adding Outlook contacts

Mario

Brian, I understand what you're saying, but he explained to me that's what he could do when he was using Outlook Express when Windows XP was the latest OS. but like you, I was skeptical.

-------- Original Message --------
From: Brian Vogel [mailto:britechguy@gmail.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 11:27 AM
Subject: adding Outlook contacts
On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:20 AM, Mario wrote:

he simply wants to type the first and last name initials of that person.

-
And I'll repeat:  He can't, and he should get exactly what he's
getting.  It's been this way for as long as I can remember.  I gave a
detailed explanation of how the system actually works.

I have no idea why he believes you can (or could, I've used Outlook at
various points in time since the mid-1980s) do this.  You enter the
characters of the person's name or e-mail address, never their first and
last initials.

/To think is to differ.
/      ~ Clarence Darrow

On Wed, Mar 17, 2021 at 11:20 AM, Mario wrote:
he simply wants to type the first and last name initials of that person.
-
And I'll repeat:  He can't, and he should get exactly what he's getting.  It's been this way for as long as I can remember.  I gave a detailed explanation of how the system actually works.

I have no idea why he believes you can (or could, I've used Outlook at various points in time since the mid-1980s) do this.  You enter the characters of the person's name or e-mail address, never their first and last initials.

To think is to differ.
      ~ Clarence Darrow

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi all,

As of fairly recently, to a span of months, I have noticed a capricious behaviour, by which outlook, for no apparent reason, seems to be crossing out addresses it should and used to store to the effect that I have to ask these people send a fresh message. Is this something others have experienced, or is it just me?

                                                                Cheers to all,

                                                                Takis

From: Bill White [mailto:billwhite92701@att.net]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2021, 11:02 AM
Hi, Mario. He must type SHIFT plus CONTROL plus C, not just C. Just typing C gives me a ding also.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

From: John Covici [mailto:covici@ccs.covici.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Tuesday, March 16, 2021, 2:58 PM
If you just add the contact and send an Email, after that you will be
able to type the first couple of letters, etc. I am not sure you even
have to make the person a contact to do this.

On Tue, 16 Mar 2021 14:48:48 -0400,
Mario wrote:

regarding , this is what he told me he wants to do:

"I put the email address in the list.
now I am going to send them a email but I don't want to spell the hole name.
I can just put the first to letters of the name or what numbers or letters.
I do this with chris, I am sending her a email. all I punch in cf
(her first and last name initials) and her
email comes up and I do this with a lot of people that I email a lot
I hope that makes sense."

the verbage between the parentheses is my comment because I know
who the Chris he mentioned is. I don't know how what he is asking
can be accomplished. anyone have a clue?

a friend of mine is using Outlook 2016 with JAWS 2021 on Windows 10, and
wants to know the keystrokes for adding a new contact  to his list, and
"also putting a short cut key for the name I am adding".

I don't know what he is talking about in reference to his latter
request. nor do I know the answer to his former request since I don't
use Outlook. would someone please help.

.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Mario

[...]

Peter Tighe

The shortcut key for adding a new contact in outlook is shift-control-c

Peter