Topics

moderated Acronis image with Jaws

Klaus Vielhauer

Hello,

at the install screen there is no speech and I had to stop.

Does anyone use this program successfully?

Thanks

Klaus

John Covici

Don't bother, they use some different method to draw the screen, so
its not accessible.

On Tue, 09 Jun 2020 04:11:52 -0400,
Klaus Vielhauer wrote:

Hello,

at the install screen there is no speech and I had to stop.

Does anyone use this program successfully?

Thanks

Klaus

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Klaus Vielhauer

Hello John,

thanks for the quick answer.

Question: Wich Windows image backup software works with Jaws?

I assume that recreation may not work at all - I hope it never is necessary - but creating a image on a harddisk with speech is desired.

Klaus

Klaus Vielhauer wrote:
Hello,

at the install screen there is no speech and I had to stop.

Does anyone use this program successfully?

Thanks

Klaus

John Covici

I like macrium reflect, but you need eyeballs to restore from the
recovery media, but this is true of all of them pretty much.

Klaus Vielhauer wrote:
Hello,

at the install screen there is no speech and I had to stop.

Does anyone use this program successfully?

Thanks

Klaus

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Dennis Brown

Do you need eyes to create the image with macrium reflect?
Thanks,
Dennis

Klaus Vielhauer wrote:
Hello,

at the install screen there is no speech and I had to stop.

Does anyone use this program successfully?

Thanks

Klaus

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

https://www.avg.com

Chris Hill

I gave Up on them five years ago for an accessibility try image for windows instead

On Jun 9, 2020, at 17:38, Klaus Vielhauer <vielhau@...> wrote:

Hello,

at the install screen there is no speech and I had to stop.

Does anyone use this program successfully?

Thanks

Klaus

John Covici

No, and with the paid version you can do incremental backups which can
take 5-10 minutes and you can schedule, so it becomes automatic. You
can also clone the drive, but I think a backup is better.

Klaus Vielhauer wrote:
Hello,

at the install screen there is no speech and I had to stop.

Does anyone use this program successfully?

Thanks

Klaus

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

https://www.avg.com

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Klaus Vielhauer

Hello Chris,

the Image program that is included  in Windows does not work in case of a harddisk failure.

I am looking for a solution that also covers such a problem.

Klaus

On 6/10/2020 12:50 AM, Chris Hill wrote:
I gave Up on them five years ago for an accessibility try image for windows instead
On Jun 9, 2020, at 17:38, Klaus Vielhauer <vielhau@...> wrote:

Hello,

at the install screen there is no speech and I had to stop.

Does anyone use this program successfully?

Thanks

Klaus

Chris Hill

Hello.  I was talking about the program "Image for Windows" by terabyte unlimited, not the program built into windows itself.  In fact, both will allow you to restore a hard disk from an image, but the first has a lot more flexibility.  With the Terabyte Unlimited product you can do incremental and differential backups, as well as easily restore just one file if that is what you need to do, you can even view the contents of your saved image files.

The image program built into windows will allow you to restore a hard disk if and only if the drive is the same size, which makes it rather useless.  Besides that, it is likely going away in a future windows release.

On 6/10/2020 09:03, Klaus Vielhauer wrote:
Hello Chris,

the Image program that is included  in Windows does not work in case of a harddisk failure.

I am looking for a solution that also covers such a problem.

Klaus

On 6/10/2020 12:50 AM, Chris Hill wrote:
I gave Up on them five years ago for an accessibility try image for windows instead
On Jun 9, 2020, at 17:38, Klaus Vielhauer <vielhau@...> wrote:

Hello,

at the install screen there is no speech and I had to stop.

Does anyone use this program successfully?

Thanks

Klaus

Klaus Vielhauer

Hello Chris,

I will try it. There are  2 options:

one is graphical and the other has keyboard access. Any advice would be wellcome.

Klaus

On 6/10/2020 10:44 PM, Chris Hill wrote:

[...]

Frankly, I haven't noticed any difference in the versions.  I assume it mainly shows up in the recovery environment, or maybe in the Linux versions.  The windows component seems to work the same either way, and since I have multiple computers, I've been able to fix all my problems without having to use the recovery environment with speech.

On 6/11/2020 06:54, Klaus Vielhauer wrote:

[...]

I have installed the trial version of this program and it works with Jaws perfectly.

Thanks Klaus