From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim Ford
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2022 12:08 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accessing clipboard texts.

Hello All,

Is there a JAWS friendly way to access contents of the clipboard, specifically previous items?

Thanks,
Tim Ford

Mike Pietruk

In addition to what Curtis has mentioned, there are programs out there
that can be used to extend the storage of the clipboard.
The one I've used for years is called Ditto.
To learn more about Ditto, do a google search for
"ditto" + "clipboard extender"
and this will give one abundant info.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2022, Curtis Chong wrote:

Tim:

Insert space followed by the letter c will display the last text copied to the clipboard. If you want a clipboard history, you hve to turn on Windows 10 Smart Paste feature.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

Is there a JAWS friendly way to access contents of the clipboard, specifically previous items?

Thanks,
Tim Ford

Gerald Levy

Install Ditto, a neat little utility that stores all previous clipboard clips for easy access and retrieval.  Totally JAWS accessible:

https://ditto-cp.sourceforge.io/

Gerald

On 3/11/2022 2:07 PM, Tim Ford wrote:
Hello All,

Is there a JAWS friendly way to access contents of the clipboard, specifically previous items?

Thanks,
Tim Ford

Van Lant, Robin

I don’t think I aver actively turned on the Windows clipboard history, but it seems to work.  Press Windows key V and a list box appears in reverse chronological order of things you’ve copied to it.  I’ve used this a lot lately when I accidentally copy something before I pasted the last item.  I cannot install Ditto my work computer, but this Windows feature is sufficient.

Install Ditto, a neat little utility that stores all previous clipboard clips for easy access and retrieval.  Totally JAWS accessible:

https://ditto-cp.sourceforge.io/

Gerald

On 3/11/2022 2:07 PM, Tim Ford wrote:

Hello All,

Is there a JAWS friendly way to access contents of the clipboard, specifically previous items?

Thanks,
Tim Ford

KeyCorp Public

KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. prohibits the use of texts or other unapproved messaging applications for business purposes.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

I agree with Mike. Ditto is outstanding.

Alan Lemly

Is there a JAWS friendly way to access contents of the clipboard,
specifically previous items?

Thanks,
Tim Ford

Tim Ford

Terrific! It is almost always the case that I copy new material to the clipboard, forgetting that I had not pasted the previous contents anywhere. It works like a charm!