Topics

moderated Accessible VPN service

Ari Damoulakis

Hi everyone
Using JAWS and Windows, free or paid, I know free there are risks,
but, the VPN services that allow you to choose a country, has anyone
subscribed to any of these and how accessible are they with JAWS?
Do you use their software, and how easy is it to change countries when
you would like to do that?
Thanks very much
Ari

James English

Hello,

Torguard isn't cheap, but it is very accessible.

On 3/21/20, Ari Damoulakis <aridamoulakis@...> wrote:
Hi everyone
Using JAWS and Windows, free or paid, I know free there are risks,
but, the VPN services that allow you to choose a country, has anyone
subscribed to any of these and how accessible are they with JAWS?
Do you use their software, and how easy is it to change countries when
you would like to do that?
Thanks very much
Ari

Ari Damoulakis

Thanks James, do you also know anything about VYPR VPN?
TorGuard will help if you are outside a location and you want to
stream something specific to that location, like US or UK TV for
example?
Thanks
Ari

James English

Hello,

Do not, and I repeat do not, use Vypr VPN. If you torrent, it will not
help as they take the copyright holders rights over yours. If you get
locked out of your account, good luck as their customer support has a
captcha. Also, for some reason, the client just randomly (with no
changes being made by me) stopped working on my laptop one day.

- James

On 3/21/20, Ari Damoulakis <aridamoulakis@...> wrote:
Thanks James, do you also know anything about VYPR VPN?
TorGuard will help if you are outside a location and you want to
stream something specific to that location, like US or UK TV for
example?
Thanks
Ari

Ari Damoulakis

Thanks very much for the warning James, I was seriously considering them.
The free ones aren't that good, the clients. Tunnelbear I can't even
get to work with Jaws, and hotspot shield is no good either.

On 3/22/20, James English <james13english@...> wrote:
Hello,

Do not, and I repeat do not, use Vypr VPN. If you torrent, it will not
help as they take the copyright holders rights over yours. If you get
locked out of your account, good luck as their customer support has a
captcha. Also, for some reason, the client just randomly (with no
changes being made by me) stopped working on my laptop one day.

- James

On 3/21/20, Ari Damoulakis <aridamoulakis@...> wrote:
Thanks James, do you also know anything about VYPR VPN?
TorGuard will help if you are outside a location and you want to
stream something specific to that location, like US or UK TV for
example?
Thanks
Ari

John Covici

How about Express vpn?

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 05:35:12 -0400,
Ari Damoulakis wrote:

[...]

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

multi 85

Thanks John, I have heard of this. Have you tried it? Works well with JAWS?

Ari Damoulakis wrote:

[...]

It's interesting you guys should say that. I heard on another list
that this doesn't work well with jaws?
I must look at it properly.
Ari

Ari Damoulakis wrote:

[...]

No, I have not tried it, I am setting up my own vpn on a colo I have
instead.

Ari Damoulakis wrote:

[...]

Jaffar Sidek

Hi.  I am currently using encrypt.me.  It is reasonably accessible with NVDA if you are prepared to use the object navigator to look for the Transports that will hook you up with the various countries' servers.  Also, it has a flexible financial plan which allows you to pay a monthly or annual subscription. And the speed is very fast.  The web site is:

https://encrypt.me/

cheers!

Ari Damoulakis wrote:
[...]

No the ExpressVpn app itself doesn't.  But you can make use of Open Vpn instead.  Go to your account, and follow the tutorial tips to download the files for working with VpnExpress.  The files are in Ovpn format.  Cheers!

Ari Damoulakis wrote:
[...]

It's a pity Proton VPN doesn't work with JAWS. It sounds really secure.
Thanks for this.

Ari Damoulakis wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Tor Guard is pretty much the only one I've found that works very well
with jaws, and I've looked at a lot of different vpn services.