Topics

moderated Accessible typing test?

Ann Byrne

Can anyone please suggest a typing speed test that can be used with JAWS?

thanks a lot,

Ann

Betsy Binney

I typically use Talking Typer to test my clients. APH SELLS IT.

Betsy R. Binney
meandbastet@...
262-490-0109

On Sep 21, 2020, at 2:53 PM, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:

Can anyone please suggest a typing speed test that can be used with JAWS?

thanks a lot,

Ann

Marty Hutchings

I believe that APH also has a program called Keystroke, which is free.

Love in Christ
Marty

I typically use Talking Typer to test my clients. APH SELLS IT.

Betsy R. Binney
meandbastet@...
262-490-0109

On Sep 21, 2020, at 2:53 PM, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:

Can anyone please suggest a typing speed test that can be used with JAWS?

thanks a lot,

Ann

Mario

if a simpler, more basic program is needed, check out Rocky's Audio Typing TutorV2

http://www.rockywaters.co.uk/softwarePage.php

I found it a few years ago, and it works quite well, very intuitive to use, and it's menu driven. I think it uses whatever screen reader you're using, or it maybe self voicing. I don't know if it works in Windows 10 as well as it did in Windows 7.

On 9/21/2020 4:04 PM, Betsy Binney wrote:
I typically use Talking Typer to test my clients. APH SELLS IT.
Betsy R. Binney
meandbastet@...
262-490-0109

On Sep 21, 2020, at 2:53 PM, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:

Can anyone please suggest a typing speed test that can be used with JAWS?

thanks a lot,

Ann

.

Jim Fettgather

Here is a free version of Talking Typer from APH, it is called Home
Typer Online, is free, and operates within your web browser.
It uses your screen reader's voice to speak the words and sentences,
and seems to work quite well. It is worth a try:

https://typer-beta.aphtech.org/lessons/

On 9/21/20, Betsy Binney <Meandbastet@...> wrote:
I typically use Talking Typer to test my clients. APH SELLS IT.

Betsy R. Binney
meandbastet@...
262-490-0109

On Sep 21, 2020, at 2:53 PM, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:

Can anyone please suggest a typing speed test that can be used with
JAWS?

thanks a lot,

Ann

Richard Turner

There is a free program for both Mac and Windows from the New Mexico commission for the Blind called Keystroek.
You can check it out here:
http://www.cfb.state.nm.us/apps

Richard