Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 4:13 PM
Subject: Re: Accessible System Backup Image software, (WAS) the latest update to jaws 2020 giving me a fit

Can some one tell me why the drive that you are backing up to has to be bigger than the drive that you are backing up, even though the amount of data on the drive to be backed up is far less than the space available on the drive that you are backing up to?  I have a 4 tb drive with less than 300 gb of data on it that I want to back up to a 1 tb external drive, but Windows won’t let me saying that the drive doesn't have enough space.  I can just back up files, but no system image.

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2020 9:32 AM

You can definitely boot IFW up off a 16GB thumb drive and then use Narrator to go get your back up image off of your USB external SSD or mechanical drive.  You can also store your backup image on to a second drive in your PC if it has a second drive.  You can also store images in separate particians on just one drive.  However, using an external drive is the only safe place to store your backed up images.  If you back up to a drive or partician that is connected to your PC, some malicious viruses can wipe out your back up images at the same time that it wipes out your primary drive.

James B