Topics

moderated Accessible File Recovery software

Dave Durber

Hello everyone:

The subject says it all. I accidentally deleted the contents of a folder on one of my hard drives. So, now, I am looking for file recovery software which is accessible using a screen reader, so I can try and recover the deleted files.

In the past, I have used File Scavenger, but I found it finiky to use. One of my difficulties was, recovering deleted files in a specific folder location.

I hou someone on the list can help.

george b

Well they should  be in your recycle trash folder on your desktop.

Go to the icon and hit enter and it should open

Then alt h for the ribbon and in there is a choice to replace all files back to their original place

The subject says it all. I accidentally deleted the contents of a folder on one of my hard drives. So, now, I am looking for file recovery software which is accessible using a screen reader, so I can try and recover the deleted files.

In the past, I have used File Scavenger, but I found it finiky to use. One of my difficulties was, recovering deleted files in a specific folder location.

I hou someone on the list can help.

Glenn / Lenny

There are good tools on the WinPe ISO.
Actually, if you have WinPe on a USB drive or a DVD, in the root there is a folder called "programs".
Copy that to your c: root and there are good file and partition recovery tools there that will run in your Windows, without booting to WinPe.
HTH.
Glenn

The subject says it all. I accidentally deleted the contents of a folder on one of my hard drives. So, now, I am looking for file recovery software which is accessible using a screen reader, so I can try and recover the deleted files.

In the past, I have used File Scavenger, but I found it finiky to use. One of my difficulties was, recovering deleted files in a specific folder location.

I hou someone on the list can help.

Dave Durber

Hello George:

Unfortunately, they will not be in the Recycle Bin Folder because, when I deleted the folder containing the  files, I used the SHIFT+DELETE command, which bypasses the Recycle Bin, which is why I need the accessible file recovery software.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Well they should  be in your recycle trash folder on your desktop.

Go to the icon and hit enter and it should open

Then alt h for the ribbon and in there is a choice to replace all files back to their original place

The subject says it all. I accidentally deleted the contents of a folder on one of my hard drives. So, now, I am looking for file recovery software which is accessible using a screen reader, so I can try and recover the deleted files.

In the past, I have used File Scavenger, but I found it finiky to use. One of my difficulties was, recovering deleted files in a specific folder location.

I hou someone on the list can help.

Dave Durber

Hello Glen:

I did what you suggested. I do not need to use a partition manager. There is nothing wrong with the hard drive on which the deleted files are located. I tried to use Recuva but, I did not find the program very user friendly. I managed to get the program to perform a scan on the particular hard drive, but the scan was inconclusive.

Do you have any further suggestions as to other programs I can try.

Thank you for any stggestions

Dave Durber

The subject says it all. I accidentally deleted the contents of a folder on one of my hard drives. So, now, I am looking for file recovery software which is accessible using a screen reader, so I can try and recover the deleted files.

In the past, I have used File Scavenger, but I found it finiky to use. One of my difficulties was, recovering deleted files in a specific folder location.

I hou someone on the list can help.

Glenn / Lenny

Hi Dave,
I'm surprised that the scan found nothing.
Hopefully you did not copy and/or download more files, as if that area of the HD gets written over, it may not be able to retrieve them.
I'll see what else it can do.
Glenn

The subject says it all. I accidentally deleted the contents of a folder on one of my hard drives. So, now, I am looking for file recovery software which is accessible using a screen reader, so I can try and recover the deleted files.

In the past, I have used File Scavenger, but I found it finiky to use. One of my difficulties was, recovering deleted files in a specific folder location.

I hou someone on the list can help.

Dave Durber

Hello Glen:

Don't worry, I have not performed any file activity on that drive, since I deleted the folder.