Topics

moderated Accessible electronic password managers being used?

Hi List,

I'm preparing a presentation for late September where I'll discuss electronic password managers. While I intend to focus on KeePass, I also want to mention any others that folks are successfully using. The only criteria is that they be accessible and work both with a computer and a portable device. Another person will be presenting on 1Password so if anyone can offer other recommendations meeting my criteria, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Alan Lemly

John Covici

I have been using lastpass for a while now, and although it definitely
has some accessibility problems, I have managed to work around those.
I was using keypass, but I could only use it on windows, the IOS and
MAC stuff is either broken or not available, so I switched to lastpass
instead so I could use it on all my devices.

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 16:04:23 -0400,
Alan Lemly wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
Hi List,

I'm preparing a presentation for late September where I'll discuss
electronic password managers. While I intend to focus on KeePass, I also
want to mention any others that folks are successfully using. The only
criteria is that they be accessible and work both with a computer and a
portable device. Another person will be presenting on 1Password so if anyone
can offer other recommendations meeting my criteria, I would very much
appreciate it.

Alan Lemly

[2 <text/html; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Joseph Hudson

I don't know of any others at the moment, but I just sent your message to another group and some other people may be able to give you more information and I told them to write you privately.

On Aug 14, 2020, at 3:04 PM, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Hi List,

I'm preparing a presentation for late September where I'll discuss electronic password managers. While I intend to focus on KeePass, I also want to mention any others that folks are successfully using. The only criteria is that they be accessible and work both with a computer and a portable device. Another person will be presenting on 1Password so if anyone can offer other recommendations meeting my criteria, I would very much appreciate it.

Alan Lemly

I have been using Roboform for probably at least 15 years and its iOS app is also accessible.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2020 1:04 PM
To: 'VIPhone Email List' <viphone@...>
Cc: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accessible electronic password managers being used?

Hi List,

Alan Lemly

Jim Weiss

I use Password Safe for my Windows installations and PW Safe for my Mac and iPhone.  There is also a version for Android.  It is open source software and regardless of the platform they share one database.  I keep my database on my iCloud Drive and then run iCloud for Windows so I have access to the file on all of my devices.  The Windows version is free, but the Mac/iPhone had a nominal charge.  I purchased the software about 8 years ago so I don’t remember the exact cost, but I think it was $15.  It is very accessible on Windows (with JAWS and Narrator), iPhone and Mac with Voice Over.  I have reached out to the developer on several occasions and he has been extremely responsive and takes accessibility very seriously.
Regards,

Jim Weiss
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio - Board of Directors
Cuyahoga County Chapter - President

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.

On Aug 14, 2020, at 4:04 PM, Alan Lemly <walemly@...> wrote:

Hi List,

Alan Lemly