Topics

moderated Accessible electronic password managers being used?

Hi List,

I'm preparing a presentation for late September where I'll discuss electronic password managers. While I intend to focus on KeePass, I also want to mention any others that folks are successfully using. The only criteria is that they be accessible and work both with a computer and a portable device. Another person will be presenting on 1Password so if anyone can offer other recommendations meeting my criteria, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Alan Lemly

John Covici

I have been using lastpass for a while now, and although it definitely
has some accessibility problems, I have managed to work around those.
I was using keypass, but I could only use it on windows, the IOS and
MAC stuff is either broken or not available, so I switched to lastpass
instead so I could use it on all my devices.

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 16:04:23 -0400,
Alan Lemly wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
Hi List,

I'm preparing a presentation for late September where I'll discuss
electronic password managers. While I intend to focus on KeePass, I also
want to mention any others that folks are successfully using. The only
criteria is that they be accessible and work both with a computer and a
portable device. Another person will be presenting on 1Password so if anyone
can offer other recommendations meeting my criteria, I would very much
appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Alan Lemly

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Joseph Hudson

I don't know of any others at the moment, but I just sent your message to another group and some other people may be able to give you more information and I told them to write you privately.

On Aug 14, 2020, at 3:04 PM, Alan Lemly <@walemly> wrote:

Hi List,

I'm preparing a presentation for late September where I'll discuss electronic password managers. While I intend to focus on KeePass, I also want to mention any others that folks are successfully using. The only criteria is that they be accessible and work both with a computer and a portable device. Another person will be presenting on 1Password so if anyone can offer other recommendations meeting my criteria, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Alan Lemly

I have been using Roboform for probably at least 15 years and its iOS app is also accessible.

I'm preparing a presentation for late September where I'll discuss electronic password managers. While I intend to focus on KeePass, I also want to mention any others that folks are successfully using. The only criteria is that they be accessible and work both with a computer and a portable device. Another person will be presenting on 1Password so if anyone can offer other recommendations meeting my criteria, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might have.

Alan Lemly

Jim Weiss

I use Password Safe for my Windows installations and PW Safe for my Mac and iPhone.  There is also a version for Android.  It is open source software and regardless of the platform they share one database.  I keep my database on my iCloud Drive and then run iCloud for Windows so I have access to the file on all of my devices.  The Windows version is free, but the Mac/iPhone had a nominal charge.  I purchased the software about 8 years ago so I don’t remember the exact cost, but I think it was $15.  It is very accessible on Windows (with JAWS and Narrator), iPhone and Mac with Voice Over.  I have reached out to the developer on several occasions and he has been extremely responsive and takes accessibility very seriously.
Regards,

Jim Weiss
National Federation of the Blind of Ohio - Board of Directors
Cuyahoga County Chapter - President

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.