From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Jessica D <jldail13@...>
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 11:41:10 PM
To: Jaws user list <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: accessible crossword apps and other word games

Hi,
I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

Mario

Jessica, you could also check out Spoonbill Software. the games are totally free.

http://www.omninet.net.au/~irhumph/blindgamers.htm

Hello. I am currently on mobile but if I recall correctly,
audiogames.net had a lot of these. Go on the website, click on game list
and browse.

Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36>

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be
played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that
work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store
came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

Richard Turner

Have you checked out Spoonbill Software?
Here is a link to their games in chronological order of release.
http://www.spoonbillsoftware.com.au/bggames.htm

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

Jessica D

Hi,
Are these programs still being updated?

Thanks,

Jessica

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

Richard Turner

I have no idea.
I believe his contact info is on the page.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Have you checked out Spoonbill Software?
Here is a link to their games in chronological order of release.
https://eur05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spoonbillsoftware.com.au%2Fbggames.htm&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce848e618304d453957b208d7cc0fe8e7%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637202241007949984&amp;sdata=O%2FiZdeDwL2c%2FShAsFu31EPFHMj0UBOOU54EvinOW7vc%3D&amp;reserved=0

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: https://eur05.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=www.turner42.com&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ce848e618304d453957b208d7cc0fe8e7%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637202241007959981&amp;sdata=svksycpxMThUvG4u0m8FXGOQJK13ViDY9r5LZbJVy4c%3D&amp;reserved=0

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

Jessica D

Hi,
Does anyone here know how the solitaire game works?

I can't figure out how to move cards.

Thanks,

Jessica

I believe his contact info is on the page.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

CJ &AA MAY

I like Seven Little Words, but you do need a wifi connection.
Alison

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

Maria Campbell

Read the help with f1 I think it is.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

On 3/19/2020 11:42 AM, Jessica D wrote:
Hi,
Does anyone here know how the solitaire game works?

I can't figure out how to move cards.

Thanks,

Jessica

I believe his contact info is on the page.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

Mario

the last time I emailed him, he said he was experiencing mild health issues.

I believe his contact info is on the page.

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

Van Lant, Robin

Here is another supposedly accessible crossword site from APH. I wrote down the link, but have never used it, so cannot speak to how friendly it is:

Crossword.aphtech.org

Robin

I like Seven Little Words, but you do need a wifi connection.
Alison

Have you checked out Spoonbill Software?
Here is a link to their games in chronological order of release.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.spoonbillsoftware.com.au_bggames.htm&d=DwIFaQ&c=Y1KkN7JyAPjrAJTUCirS0fy9vQY8xn4_Oh4EEEpbXx4&r=-1nxI1tr9hKnIWNyLOCPlqI9Rh0Aj118fOCkSudZWTI&m=9CvymkL0dDB1lKiA9w2Ab-7cv3P9pune8vbEIzYovTA&s=hr8AZtrzEeQvYGWAL_1c--tM-NU8QISyQbSo5BmYhyE&e=

Richard

🖖 Live long and prosper

Check out my web site at: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.turner42.com&d=DwIFaQ&c=Y1KkN7JyAPjrAJTUCirS0fy9vQY8xn4_Oh4EEEpbXx4&r=-1nxI1tr9hKnIWNyLOCPlqI9Rh0Aj118fOCkSudZWTI&m=9CvymkL0dDB1lKiA9w2Ab-7cv3P9pune8vbEIzYovTA&s=Dr0ojOG_qElkvSF858JNxgDPM1sKI-b6CXUdqsPynpk&e=

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Norma A. Boge

Hi kids, this crossword is on 10th grade Geometry. If that's your thing, have fun!

Here is another supposedly accessible crossword site from APH. I wrote down the link, but have never used it, so cannot speak to how friendly it is:

Crossword.aphtech.org

Robin

I like Seven Little Words, but you do need a wifi connection.
Alison

I'm a huge fan of crossword puzzles, and word games in general.
I'm aware of Aph's crossword web app, but I'd like something that can be played regardless of whether or not I have internet.
Does anyone know of any good crossword apps, and other word games, that work well with jaws?

Just did a google search, and a bunch of stuff from the Windows store came up, but I don't know if those games are accessible.

Thanks,
Jessica

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

ann

Hi everyone,

There are a whole list of crosswords included in the aph crossword app. Yes, they are all educational, but playing with these is a good way to get used to navigating around the site. And it's fun to realize just how much I've forgotten from my old school days. LOL!

Also, you can import your own crosswords and use them on the APH site. I have a Crossword subscription from the NY Times and frequently download their crossword puzzles as .puz files. These can be loaded in to the APH online site and used just like the pre-installed puzzles.

I admit I don't use this site much, but that's because I use the Spoonbill Games Crossword app, mainly because it does not require me to be online for its use,and I've used it for so long I don't need to think much about its navigation anymore.

~Ann

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 08:48 PM, Norma A. Boge wrote:
[...]

I'm guessing there are other options, or maybe they change it up, kind of like getting the crossword in the Sunday paper.

[...]

Kimber Gardner

There is a combo box that lists a bunch of different crosswords you can do.
There is also an option to do the NY Times crossword except when I try to open that one it says I am not logged into the times. I can’t figure out how to get it to recognize that I am indeed logged in.

Sent from Kimber's iPhone

The happy ending still beckons, and it is in the hope of grasping it that we go on.—Annie Proulx

On Mar 24, 2020, at 12:10 PM, Van Lant, Robin via Groups.Io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

[...]

When you do the NY Times crossword, do you ever use the option to just open the NY times crossword? Does it work better if you download the puzzle and do it that way?

I’m a NY times subscriber but I can’t get the APH site to recognize that I am logged in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kim