Topics

moderated Accesible Twitter Applications

Michael Munn

Dear Listers, hope you are well. I'm sending this email just want to ask whether if there is an Application that allow me to Access Twitter besides using the Mainstream Twitter.com. I'm soon going to be a broadcaster  and in my show, I would like to interact with my listeners. Unorder to do that, I need to find an accessible Twitter program that enable me to quickly scan each post at a very quick manner. If y'all know a program  like this, Please let me know
TIA.  
Best regards 
Michael Munn 

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>

TwBlue is the way to go. It’s free, and if you’ve used Qwitter or The Qube in the past, it’s exactly the same mechanism!

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

De: Michael Munn
Enviado: martes, 2 de junio de 2020 01:01 p. m.
Para: main@jfw.groups.io
Asunto: Accesible Twitter Applications

Dear Listers, hope you are well. I'm sending this email just want to ask whether if there is an Application that allow me to Access Twitter besides using the Mainstream Twitter.com. I'm soon going to be a broadcaster  and in my show, I would like to interact with my listeners. Unorder to do that, I need to find an accessible Twitter program that enable me to quickly scan each post at a very quick manner. If y'all know a program  like this, Please let me know

TIA.  

Best regards 

Michael Munn 

Michael Munn

Thank you. 

Armando Vias

here is the link to download the program. https://twblue.es/downloads/

Armando L. Vias
Owner | The Blind Advocate Network
Getting Advocacy Results For The Blind And Low-visioned

View my LinkedIn Profile: linkedin.com/in/armando-vias

Email: avias@...
Phone: (855) 722-3122 Extension 700
Facebook: The Blind Advocate Network
Twitter: @theblndadvn

On Jun 2, 2020, at 2:36 PM, Michael Munn <michaelrbms@...> wrote:

Thank you. 

marilyn

Hello all,

A few Twitter questions.

Why would one use a Twitter app as opposed to Twitter.com?

I have a Twitter account and have been accessing it with Twitter.com and IE. Today I tried to log in, but couldn’t at all. I used Google Chrome and got in, but now everything is different. I can’t find many of the items I used to be able to read before, such as how many tweets I’ve sent, how many people I follow, and how many followers I have. I also can’t find the place that lists followers and the place where I can follow someone.

Is this a Jaws problem? If so, how can I fix it? If not, where can I go to find out how to make the information readable again?

Many thanks.

Marilyn   

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2020 1:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Accesible Twitter Applications

TIA.  

Best regards 

Michael Munn 

sardar shankar

I too use twblue but it misses out on certain functions like playing
videos from a tweet, viewing threads, viewing replies to a tweet,
not so useful autocomplition for tags and users, no way to view
notifications etc. please correct me if i'm wrong in any of these!

On 6/4/20, marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:
Hello all,

A few Twitter questions.

I have a Twitter account and have been accessing it with Twitter.com and IE.
Today I tried to log in, but couldn’t at all. I used Google Chrome and got
in, but now everything is different. I can’t find many of the items I used
to be able to read before, such as how many tweets I’ve sent, how many
people I follow, and how many followers I have. I also can’t find the place
that lists followers and the place where I can follow someone.

Is this a Jaws problem? If so, how can I fix it? If not, where can I go to
find out how to make the information readable again?

Many thanks.

Marilyn

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael
Munn

Dear Listers, hope you are well. I'm sending this email just want to ask
whether if there is an Application that allow me to Access Twitter besides
using the Mainstream Twitter.com. I'm soon going to be a broadcaster and in
my show, I would like to interact with my listeners. Unorder to do that, I
need to find an accessible Twitter program that enable me to quickly scan
each post at a very quick manner. If y'all know a program like this, Please
let me know
TIA.
Best regards
Michael Munn

Orlando Enrique Fiol

Dear Sardar-ji,

I used TWBlue for months before finding some solutions to the very problems you list below.

playing videos from a tweet,
I have never gotten this to work from within TWBlue. But I can always just press enter on a tweet's URL, which will launch my default web browser and play the video just fine.

viewing threads
This is very counterintuitive, but feasible. TWBlue calls threads "conversations". To view a conversation, press alt+windows+C. Here's the most counterintuitive part; you will not find the conversation in the same window as the original tweet; you'll find it under searches. TWBlue will report: "Conversation with so-and-so". Tab over to the list view and, if there are replies to the original tweet, they will be there in chronological order. If there are no replies, only the original tweet will be in that conversation. Once you've read it, you can destroy the buffer with the hotkey control+shift+I.
I use the conversation hotkey in conjunction with the previous and next buffer hotkeys: alt+windows+left (or right) arrows. This way, if I am in the home buffer and press alt+windows+C for the conversation, I need only navigate to the previous buffer with alt+windows+left-arrow because search results are displayed to the left of home. However, if I'm deep in a timeline tree and want to access conversations, it's easier to press end while in the tree view, which focuses the "searches" node. Expand that with right-arrow and I can find all searches and conversations there.

Realistically, I try to structure my Twitter usage so that I'm always reading either my home buffer or a timeline just to the left of the search results. This way, the conversations are always one buffer to the left or right of the buffer I'm reading.
That may all sound hopelessly complicated. But once you get the hang of those hotkeys, you can navigate between tweet and conversation buffers quite quickly. As you know, riyaaz (practice) is everything.

viewing replies to a tweet,
See above. The conversations buffer handles replies. You can even check if there are replies to replies, and so on. It would be ideal if TWBlue reported this information, so that we wouldn't have to invoke and delete what amount to empty conversations.

not so useful autocomplition for tags and users, no way to view
notifications etc. please correct me if i'm wrong in any of these!
To receive notifications in TWBlue, you must set each buffer to autoread new tweets, using the hotkey alt+windows+E. This must be done for each buffer you want automatically read when new tweets arrive, even for timelines. Once you set autoreading for the default buffers, they will remain that way until you change them.
But when you add timelines or lists, you must enable autoreading with that hotkey for each.
The important thing is to listen carefully to the tweeter's name or the buffer name during the autoreading, since there's no place in TWBlue where all notifications are collected.
If you hear, "New direct message from Pandit Pranaath," you must go to your direct messages buffer to read it.
If you hear, "New tweet in Sonia Gandhi's timeline," you must find her timeline, either using the tree view or previous&next buffer hotkeys, in order to read it.

Here is one more detail that I have found very useful. Whenever you view your friends, followers or tweeter's timelines, TWBlue shows you the first 200 in reverse chronological order--thatis--going back 200 from the most recent. Do not confuse this with reverse buffer display, which puts the most recent tweets at the top of the buffer list. Here, new tweets are still at the bottom, but the buffer list only goes back 200 tweets. To go back further, you must use the hotkey alt+windows+page-up. You will hear TWBlue say, (200 items retrieved". In the case of search results, the same principle applies, except that when you search for users, you are only shown 20 results at a time. So, when you load previous items into your buffer, you will hear, "20 items retrieved". If you want everything, you must keep retrieving items further back until there are no more and TWBlue reports 0 items retrieved. Only then can you be sure that you are reading your complete buffer.
I point this out because, when I first got on Twitter, I began following all sorts of people about whom I was curious. Needless to say, I quickly reached 5000 followers and began receiving errors that I could not follow anymore users. So, I fst tried using TWBlue to go through my following list, but only found 200 entries. On Twitter's web interface, the list would not refresh properly and would give me duplicate entries. I even tried out two Android apps dedicating to unfollowing twitter accounts. They worked okay, but I still wish I could accomplish this seemingly simple task within TWBlue.
Once this blind guy on Teamtalk told me about the hotkey to load previous items into the buffer, I was all set; I could see all my following and friends lists without using other apps. The thing is, I had gone past that hotkey dozens of times in TWBlue's hotkey editor. I thought it meant that it would move you up and down in the buffer by a large amount. I never thought it actually retrieves and loads previous tweets.

I hope these tips will enrich your TWBlue experience as much as they have enriched mine.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
University of Pennsylvania: November, 2018
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer and Pedagogue
Charlotte, North Carolina

Michael Munn

This is why I asked the group members for an alternative of using the MainStream Twitter Application. I'm soon going to be a broadcaster and using the main Twitter is  going to be a compromise for me because the time is limited and I want to go through as many tweets as possible during the time that I'm broadcasting. This is in possible if I'm using the Mainstream Twitter because the Main sight is very problematic. There are many hoops to jump through unorder to view each Tweet. I will be learning the structure of the Main Twitter when I'm not on the air. Using an Alternative is just a temporary solution for me. 
Thank you for asking. 
Also, the website is configured differently on Each browser. I am afraid you may have to relearn the structure of the Twitter Main page again  on Google Chrome. .  

Thank you.
Best regards 
Michael Munn 

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Virginia 

www.nfbv.org

Student of: Hadley Institute of the Blind 

www.hadley.edu

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 9:35 PM marilyn <tinkerbelltx@...> wrote:

Hello all,

A few Twitter questions.

I have a Twitter account and have been accessing it with Twitter.com and IE. Today I tried to log in, but couldn’t at all. I used Google Chrome and got in, but now everything is different. I can’t find many of the items I used to be able to read before, such as how many tweets I’ve sent, how many people I follow, and how many followers I have. I also can’t find the place that lists followers and the place where I can follow someone.

Is this a Jaws problem? If so, how can I fix it? If not, where can I go to find out how to make the information readable again?

Many thanks.

Marilyn   

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Munn

TIA.  

Best regards 

Michael Munn 

Orlando Enrique Fiol

At 01:50 PM 6/4/2020, Michael Munn wrote:
This is why I asked the group members for an alternative of using the
MainStream Twitter Application. I'm soon going to be a broadcaster and
using the main Twitter is going to be a compromise for me because the time
is limited and I want to go through as many tweets as possible during the
time that I'm broadcasting. This is in possible if I'm using the Mainstream
Twitter because the Main sight is very problematic. There are many hoops to
jump through unorder to view each Tweet. I will be learning the structure
of the Main Twitter when I'm not on the air. Using an Alternative is just a
temporary solution for me.
Having wrestled with Twitter's web version, the Microsoft Store app and a few third-party clients, all to immense frustration, I can assure you that TWBlue is the most accessible, streamlined and efficient solution we have. You can read tweets very quickly, either in your home buffer, timelines, searches or lists.
The only drawback is that you cannot sort the order in which tweets appear; TWBlue displays them strictly chronologically. Some buffers, such as Home, are unlimited in size, while others, such as Following, Friends and timelines, are limited to 200 tweets counting backwards from the latest. If you want to see older tweets, you must use the hotkey alt+windows+page-up to load previous items into the buffer.
Ideally, we could increase this 200-tweet limit. But even if you manually edit TWBlue's configuration file for your Twitter account, increasing the API buffer size beyond 200, it defaults back down to 200 anyway. So, the only solution is to manually load previous tweets into the buffer once you reach the top of your list.
Here's a practical example. Say you are reading someone's timeline and find that at the top of your list is a tweet from a day ago. This means they are quite prolific, since they've tweeted 200 times in a day. When you followed this person, TWBlue reported that they first joined Twitter 10 years ago. So, it's safe to say that if you want to see what they've tweeted a week or month ago, you'll have to retrieve more tweets using that hotkey. These newly-retrieved tweets will be added to the top of your buffer list, since they're older than the originally-retrieved 200.
Hopefully, that example clarifies the process.

Orlando Enrique Fiol

sardar shankar

thanks for those tips. I'll surely try those.

On 6/4/20, Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io
<ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Dear Sardar-ji,

I used TWBlue for months before finding some solutions to the very
problems you list below.

>playing videos from a tweet,

I have never gotten this to work from within TWBlue. But I can always
just press enter on a tweet's URL, which will launch my default web
browser and play the video just fine.

>viewing threads

This is very counterintuitive, but feasible. TWBlue calls threads
"conversations". To view a conversation, press alt+windows+C. Here's
the most counterintuitive part; you will not find the conversation in
the same window as the original tweet; you'll find it under searches.
TWBlue will report: "Conversation with so-and-so". Tab over to the
list view and, if there are replies to the original tweet, they will
be there in chronological order. If there are no replies, only the
original tweet will be in that conversation. Once you've read it, you
can destroy the buffer with the hotkey control+shift+I.
I use the conversation hotkey in conjunction with the previous and
next buffer hotkeys: alt+windows+left (or right) arrows. This way, if
I am in the home buffer and press alt+windows+C for the conversation,
I need only navigate to the previous buffer with
alt+windows+left-arrow because search results are displayed to the
left of home. However, if I'm deep in a timeline tree and want to
access conversations, it's easier to press end while in the tree
view, which focuses the "searches" node. Expand that with right-arrow
and I can find all searches and conversations there.

Realistically, I try to structure my Twitter usage so that I'm always
reading either my home buffer or a timeline just to the left of the
search results. This way, the conversations are always one buffer to
the left or right of the buffer I'm reading.
That may all sound hopelessly complicated. But once you get the hang
of those hotkeys, you can navigate between tweet and conversation
buffers quite quickly. As you know, riyaaz (practice) is everything.

>viewing replies to a tweet,

See above. The conversations buffer handles replies. You can even
check if there are replies to replies, and so on. It would be ideal
if TWBlue reported this information, so that we wouldn't have to
invoke and delete what amount to empty conversations.

>not so useful autocomplition for tags and users, no way to view
>notifications etc. please correct me if i'm wrong in any of these!

To receive notifications in TWBlue, you must set each buffer to
autoread new tweets, using the hotkey alt+windows+E. This must be
done for each buffer you want automatically read when new tweets
arrive, even for timelines. Once you set autoreading for the default
buffers, they will remain that way until you change them.
But when you add timelines or lists, you must enable autoreading with
that hotkey for each.
The important thing is to listen carefully to the tweeter's name or
the buffer name during the autoreading, since there's no place in
TWBlue where all notifications are collected.
If you hear, "New direct message from Pandit Pranaath," you must go
to your direct messages buffer to read it.
If you hear, "New tweet in Sonia Gandhi's timeline," you must find
her timeline, either using the tree view or previous&next buffer
hotkeys, in order to read it.

Here is one more detail that I have found very useful. Whenever you
view your friends, followers or tweeter's timelines, TWBlue shows you
the first 200 in reverse chronological order--thatis--going back 200
from the most recent. Do not confuse this with reverse buffer
display, which puts the most recent tweets at the top of the buffer
list. Here, new tweets are still at the bottom, but the buffer list
only goes back 200 tweets. To go back further, you must use the
hotkey alt+windows+page-up. You will hear TWBlue say, (200 items
retrieved". In the case of search results, the same principle
applies, except that when you search for users, you are only shown 20
results at a time. So, when you load previous items into your buffer,
you will hear, "20 items retrieved". If you want everything, you must
keep retrieving items further back until there are no more and TWBlue
reports 0 items retrieved. Only then can you be sure that you are
reading your complete buffer.
I point this out because, when I first got on Twitter, I began
following all sorts of people about whom I was curious. Needless to
say, I quickly reached 5000 followers and began receiving errors that
I could not follow anymore users. So, I fst tried using TWBlue to go
through my following list, but only found 200 entries. On Twitter's
web interface, the list would not refresh properly and would give me
duplicate entries. I even tried out two Android apps dedicating to
unfollowing twitter accounts. They worked okay, but I still wish I
could accomplish this seemingly simple task within TWBlue.
Once this blind guy on Teamtalk told me about the hotkey to load
previous items into the buffer, I was all set; I could see all my
following and friends lists without using other apps. The thing is, I
had gone past that hotkey dozens of times in TWBlue's hotkey editor.
I thought it meant that it would move you up and down in the buffer
by a large amount. I never thought it actually retrieves and loads
previous tweets.

I hope these tips will enrich your TWBlue experience as much as they
have enriched mine.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer
and Pedagogue

sardar shankar

although conversations work for me for viewing threads it doesn't
seems like working for replys.

On 6/4/20, shankar <shankars.5060@...> wrote:
thanks for those tips. I'll surely try those.

On 6/4/20, Orlando Enrique Fiol via groups.io
<ofiol=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Dear Sardar-ji,

I used TWBlue for months before finding some solutions to the very
problems you list below.

>playing videos from a tweet,

I have never gotten this to work from within TWBlue. But I can always
just press enter on a tweet's URL, which will launch my default web
browser and play the video just fine.

>viewing threads

This is very counterintuitive, but feasible. TWBlue calls threads
"conversations". To view a conversation, press alt+windows+C. Here's
the most counterintuitive part; you will not find the conversation in
the same window as the original tweet; you'll find it under searches.
TWBlue will report: "Conversation with so-and-so". Tab over to the
list view and, if there are replies to the original tweet, they will
be there in chronological order. If there are no replies, only the
original tweet will be in that conversation. Once you've read it, you
can destroy the buffer with the hotkey control+shift+I.
I use the conversation hotkey in conjunction with the previous and
next buffer hotkeys: alt+windows+left (or right) arrows. This way, if
I am in the home buffer and press alt+windows+C for the conversation,
I need only navigate to the previous buffer with
alt+windows+left-arrow because search results are displayed to the
left of home. However, if I'm deep in a timeline tree and want to
access conversations, it's easier to press end while in the tree
view, which focuses the "searches" node. Expand that with right-arrow
and I can find all searches and conversations there.

Realistically, I try to structure my Twitter usage so that I'm always
reading either my home buffer or a timeline just to the left of the
search results. This way, the conversations are always one buffer to
the left or right of the buffer I'm reading.
That may all sound hopelessly complicated. But once you get the hang
of those hotkeys, you can navigate between tweet and conversation
buffers quite quickly. As you know, riyaaz (practice) is everything.

>viewing replies to a tweet,

See above. The conversations buffer handles replies. You can even
check if there are replies to replies, and so on. It would be ideal
if TWBlue reported this information, so that we wouldn't have to
invoke and delete what amount to empty conversations.

>not so useful autocomplition for tags and users, no way to view
>notifications etc. please correct me if i'm wrong in any of these!

To receive notifications in TWBlue, you must set each buffer to
autoread new tweets, using the hotkey alt+windows+E. This must be
done for each buffer you want automatically read when new tweets
arrive, even for timelines. Once you set autoreading for the default
buffers, they will remain that way until you change them.
But when you add timelines or lists, you must enable autoreading with
that hotkey for each.
The important thing is to listen carefully to the tweeter's name or
the buffer name during the autoreading, since there's no place in
TWBlue where all notifications are collected.
If you hear, "New direct message from Pandit Pranaath," you must go
to your direct messages buffer to read it.
If you hear, "New tweet in Sonia Gandhi's timeline," you must find
her timeline, either using the tree view or previous&next buffer
hotkeys, in order to read it.

Here is one more detail that I have found very useful. Whenever you
view your friends, followers or tweeter's timelines, TWBlue shows you
the first 200 in reverse chronological order--thatis--going back 200
from the most recent. Do not confuse this with reverse buffer
display, which puts the most recent tweets at the top of the buffer
list. Here, new tweets are still at the bottom, but the buffer list
only goes back 200 tweets. To go back further, you must use the
hotkey alt+windows+page-up. You will hear TWBlue say, (200 items
retrieved". In the case of search results, the same principle
applies, except that when you search for users, you are only shown 20
results at a time. So, when you load previous items into your buffer,
you will hear, "20 items retrieved". If you want everything, you must
keep retrieving items further back until there are no more and TWBlue
reports 0 items retrieved. Only then can you be sure that you are
reading your complete buffer.
I point this out because, when I first got on Twitter, I began
following all sorts of people about whom I was curious. Needless to
say, I quickly reached 5000 followers and began receiving errors that
I could not follow anymore users. So, I fst tried using TWBlue to go
through my following list, but only found 200 entries. On Twitter's
web interface, the list would not refresh properly and would give me
duplicate entries. I even tried out two Android apps dedicating to
unfollowing twitter accounts. They worked okay, but I still wish I
could accomplish this seemingly simple task within TWBlue.
Once this blind guy on Teamtalk told me about the hotkey to load
previous items into the buffer, I was all set; I could see all my
following and friends lists without using other apps. The thing is, I
had gone past that hotkey dozens of times in TWBlue's hotkey editor.
I thought it meant that it would move you up and down in the buffer
by a large amount. I never thought it actually retrieves and loads
previous tweets.

I hope these tips will enrich your TWBlue experience as much as they
have enriched mine.

Orlando Enrique Fiol
Ph.D. in Music Theory
Professional Pianist/Keyboardist, Percussionist, Arranger, Performer
and Pedagogue