moderated A Tip On JAWS and Outlook

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I have just upgraded my computer to Office 365 which has a more modern version of Outlook.  I am handling e-mails fairly well, but on the calendar not all of my events, including my meetings, are showing.  I read that there is a way to solve this problem by locating the calendar on the navigation bar and then clicking “Dock the peek,” but I do not know how to do this using JAWS.  Do any of you out there know, and can one of you please give me some advice?

Rick Miller

Ben Moxey

Hi Rick

Press Shift + F6 from your list of emails until you find the Navigation Bar. Arrow to the calendar and use your Applications key or Shift + F10 to display the context menu. You will find the Dock to Peek option.

You will now have a “peek” of your calendar available when in the Mail tab of Outlook that you can navigate to using F6. It would be interesting to know if you get a different result in this peek view. I can see how this feature would be very helpful for someone sighted as a quick reference, but navigating to the Calendar with Control + 2 is probably more efficient for a JAWS user if it doesn’t provide any benefit.

Does Narrator pick up all of your appointments when navigating the calendar?

All the best.

Ben