Topics

moderated a strange message when I boot up my computer.

Jim Rawls

Hi all,

When I boot up  my computer, this is what I hear.

The freedom scientific video disability driver did not install properly. It tells me to reboot up my computer, and do a repair to the driver. When I try to do a repair, it always fails to repair. How do I fix this? I am currently using jaws 2020, latest update. However, it does the same thing when I try jaws 19 or 18as well. I am running windows ten. Any ideas on how to fix this?  and thanks for your help in advance. Jim

Mike Fulton <mikefulton95@...>

Hi Jim,

Have you already tried doing a repair of the JAWS installation? If not I would firstly try doing that. If you need instructions let me know. If that didn't work, I would try uninstalling and then re-installing JAWS.

Good luck.
Mike

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 3:37 PM Jim Rawls <jazzpiano@...> wrote:

Hi all,

When I boot up  my computer, this is what I hear.

The freedom scientific video disability driver did not install properly. It tells me to reboot up my computer, and do a repair to the driver. When I try to do a repair, it always fails to repair. How do I fix this? I am currently using jaws 2020, latest update. However, it does the same thing when I try jaws 19 or 18as well. I am running windows ten. Any ideas on how to fix this?  and thanks for your help in advance. Jim

Ron Pelletier

Hi Jim,

Just install the very latest update right on top of the current one. I’ve had that problem before. If for some crazy reason,  that doesn’t work, remove your JAWS 2020 completely and re-install it. You won’t lose your licence.

Ron & Danvers

When I boot up  my computer, this is what I hear.

The freedom scientific video disability driver did not install properly. It tells me to reboot up my computer, and do a repair to the driver. When I try to do a repair, it always fails to repair. How do I fix this? I am currently using jaws 2020, latest update. However, it does the same thing when I try jaws 19 or 18as well. I am running windows ten. Any ideas on how to fix this?  and thanks for your help in advance. Jim

Mike B

Hi Jim,

You sent this to the wrong email list.  This one shut down several months ago.  Send your message to the new list below, if you're a member and if not I'll include the subscribe email address so you can join

To post a question:

To subscribe:

When I boot up  my computer, this is what I hear.

The freedom scientific video disability driver did not install properly. It tells me to reboot up my computer, and do a repair to the driver. When I try to do a repair, it always fails to repair. How do I fix this? I am currently using jaws 2020, latest update. However, it does the same thing when I try jaws 19 or 18as well. I am running windows ten. Any ideas on how to fix this?  and thanks for your help in advance. Jim

Jim Rawls

Hi Mike, I tried your subscribe link and the message came back as undeliverable. Jim

You sent this to the wrong email list.  This one shut down several months ago.  Send your message to the new list below, if you're a member and if not I'll include the subscribe email address so you can join

To post a question:

To subscribe:

When I boot up  my computer, this is what I hear.

The freedom scientific video disability driver did not install properly. It tells me to reboot up my computer, and do a repair to the driver. When I try to do a repair, it always fails to repair. How do I fix this? I am currently using jaws 2020, latest update. However, it does the same thing when I try jaws 19 or 18as well. I am running windows ten. Any ideas on how to fix this?  and thanks for your help in advance. Jim

Mike Fulton <mikefulton95@...>

It worked for me.