Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:10 AM
Subject: A question about Waterfox

Hello everyone:

I am using Waterfox at the suggestion of someone on this list. So far, I am
finding a good browser to use.

My problem is, how do I disable Water fox saving passwords?

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave Durber

David Moore

I am so happy to hear this from you, Mike!

I am so happy to hear that more and more people like you are using two screen readers.

I will not name it again, but I use it a lot, to do tasks that JAWS just cannot do well!

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

To be totally honest, navigating the Waterfox menues with Jaws is a total pain in the A**!  You have to constantly toggle the virtual cursor on / off because if you tell the virtual cursor to stay turned off for all applications, it doesn't.  At least this is my experience.  When I want to change any settings in the Waterfox menues I use NVDA and it navigates the menues flawlessly.

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:10 AM

Hello everyone:

I am using Waterfox at the suggestion of someone on this list. So far, I am
finding a good browser to use.

My problem is, how do I disable Water fox saving passwords?

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello Mike:

I tried NVDA to navigate the Waterfox Options menu to try and turn off the save passwords option in Waterfox but with no luck.

Any ideas how to do this?

Dave Durber

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:10 AM

Hello everyone:

I am using Waterfox at the suggestion of someone on this list. So far, I am
finding a good browser to use.

My problem is, how do I disable Water fox saving passwords?

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave Durber

Mike B

Hi Dave,

Are you saying you couldn't turn it off or you couldn't find it?

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:10 AM

Hello everyone:

I am using Waterfox at the suggestion of someone on this list. So far, I am
finding a good browser to use.

My problem is, how do I disable Water fox saving passwords?

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave Durber

Mike B

Hi Dave,

Look in the Privacy tab under History and look in the Security tab for remembering Log-in and there's a master password checkbox here as well.  I have a couple of websites with passwords saved so I can't play around too much in fear of deleting what I have saved.

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:10 AM

Hello everyone:

I am using Waterfox at the suggestion of someone on this list. So far, I am
finding a good browser to use.

My problem is, how do I disable Water fox saving passwords?

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave Durber

Dave Durber

Hello Mike:

I forgot to mention that I am using the latest version of JAWS.

I cannot find it to turn it off.

Save Durber

Are you saying you couldn't turn it off or you couldn't find it?

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:10 AM

Hello everyone:

I am using Waterfox at the suggestion of someone on this list. So far, I am
finding a good browser to use.

My problem is, how do I disable Water fox saving passwords?

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave Durber

Mike B

Hi Dave,

Okay, give this a try:
1. With Waterfox open press, Alt + T, for Tools & press the letter, O, for Options.
2. Tab 1 time and press, Insert + Z, to turn the virtual cursor off.  You now should be on the, General tab.  Every time you down arrow to another tab the virtual cursor will turn itself on, so down arrow and press, Insert + Z, to turn the virtual cursor off, but if you want to tab through any particular tab leave the virtual cursor on to make any changes to your settings.
3. So, in short, turn the virtual cursor off to navigate between tabs and leave the virtual cursor turned on to navigate within the tabs to make settings changes.  All the settings are either checkboxes or comboboxes.

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:10 AM

Hello everyone:

I am using Waterfox at the suggestion of someone on this list. So far, I am
finding a good browser to use.

My problem is, how do I disable Water fox saving passwords?

Any and all suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Dave Durber

Sameer

Dave,

In Waterfox, go to Tools & arrow down to Options. In the Options tab, your focus will be placed in a box containing various options including General & Security. Arrow down to Security & press Tab about 5 times. You will land on a checkbox for “Remember Login Passwords”. Uncheck that box & Waterfox will no longer ask to remember passwords.

Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey
Mumbai, India

[...]

Hope Williamson

It's a checkbox under security that says "remember logins for websites."