Topics

A follow up: Related to the email address announcement bug in Jaws 2019

Cristóbal

Hello list,

A follow up to my issue outlined below. After a back and forth with Vispero tech support, it looks like while my issue was identified, a fix is going to have to wait for the next JFW update if that.

See:

Wanted to let you know this was sent to development.  It may be fixed in the next version of JAWS, as they already found a fix for newer versions of Office; we will see if this will apply to your version as well.

My concern and I expressed the same is with the language used. “may” and “we will see”. It’s not like I’m running Office 2003 and I reiterated to them that this issue, be it the autocomplete email address bug nor the calendar appointment subject field bug was not an issue in JFW 2018. I would hope/expect that a fix is forthcoming.

So basically for right now, if anyone else is dealing with the same issue, you have a choice to either live with the autocomplete email address bug or using the fix provided by Vispero and live without Jaws speaking the subject field info in calendar appointments. I find the missing subject field stuff to be more disruptive for my needs so am living with the autocomplete bug for now.

Cristóbal