a couple questions on joining Zoom calls

Van Lant, Robin

Hi all,

Using JAWS 2021, Windows 10 and office 365 with the Zoom add-in here. I’ve joined Zoom meetings for meetings outside of work, but have just been given a Zoom account at work since my company is transitioning off of Webex and onto Zoom.  Hooray!  I  have two questions I’m wondering if any of you have experience with.

First.  I noticed that Zoom allows people the option to automatically include the meeting URL in the  location field of the Outlook invitation . I’m guessing that this would be an efficient way for a sighted person to point and click to open the meeting, maybe even without having to fully open the invitation.  Has anyone found this to be beneficial for JAWS users?  I can already say that I find it annoying in that it reads the entire meeting hyperlink when I just want to hear the title and time of my meeting in the calendar view, but I cannot control how others send out their invitations. I do want to know if the  link being in this field gives me any benefit to more quickly joining the meeting, rather than opening the invitation, moving focus to the invitation body, then listing form fields to get to the meeting link – all of which I find a bit tedious when in a hurry.

On a related question, Webex used to have an option to pop-up a little notification in the bottom right of my screen that reminded me of the meeting and offered a Join button. Via a keyboard combination, I could get to this window and tab to the join button to open the meeting.  I’m now hearing Zoom do some sort of little sound 5 minutes before my meeting, but I don’t know if a pop-up is coming on screen and, if so, if there is a way to get to a button to join the meeting. This would b a lot faster than opening Outlook and navigating to the meeting link, as noted in my first question above.

Any tricks to share for quickly joining Zoom meetings?

Robin Van Lant

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.