From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gordon Legge
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Readability Add-Ons for Web Browsers

The Safari web browser I used with VoiceOver on my iPhone has a Reader feature that organizes web pages to bring the body text (such as news articles) to focus, skipping ads, navigation links, etc. Is there a similar reader add-on for Internet Explorer or Firefox that works well with Jaws In Windows?

Thanks for your help!

--Gordon

Gordon Legge <legge@...>

Thanks Chris, The Firefox solution works well. Much appreciated.

--Gordon

On 1/30/2018 9:32 PM, Cristóbal wrote:
No clue about IE, but in Firefox, the keyboard command to enter reader view is alt+control+R. It can also be found under the view menu option when it’s available. It’s a toggel so when you’re done reading or need to go back to the regular page for whatever reason, you can do so with the same command.
In Chrome, I use the extension “JustRead”. You can invoke the same behavior with a shift+control+K keyboard command if I remember correctly.
I have found few pages where the Firefox command won’t work. Most noteably with any CNN page.
**
The Safari web browser I used with VoiceOver on my iPhone has a Reader feature that organizes web pages to bring the body text (such as news articles) to focus, skipping ads, navigation links, etc. Is there a similar reader add-on for Internet Explorer or Firefox that works well with Jaws In Windows?
Thanks for your help!
--Gordon

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Hi,
What does reader view do for the user?

Thanks
Tom

The Safari web browser I used with VoiceOver on my iPhone has a Reader
feature that organizes web pages to bring the body text (such as news
articles) to focus, skipping ads, navigation links, etc. Is there a
similar reader add-on for Internet Explorer or Firefox that works well
with Jaws In Windows?

Thanks for your help!

--Gordon

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

It takes a lot of the ads, links and buttons out of the page so it can be read more clearly.

Bill White
Billwhite92701@...

The Safari web browser I used with VoiceOver on my iPhone has a Reader
feature that organizes web pages to bring the body text (such as news
articles) to focus, skipping ads, navigation links, etc. Is there a
similar reader add-on for Internet Explorer or Firefox that works well
with Jaws In Windows?

Thanks for your help!

--Gordon

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Thanks Bill.

Sounds like the function could be quite useful.

Tom