Moderated Clever dictionary hacks or clever tricks?

Mark

To make the Alt + Tab experience better,  I added entries to the default dictionary file make the application name appear before the window name.  This only works for frequently encountered application windows.

Adrian Spratt

Mark,

You inspired me to eliminate some frustrating verbiage, but it involved an intermediate step. I have more than one inbox because I have more than one email address. So each time I open one of them, not only does JAWS say “Outlook,” but it recites my entire email address as well.

I first wrote out the terms in the “add” field of the JAWS dictionary and then a replacement term. It didn’t do the job.

So here’s the extra step. I opened JAWS speech history with insert-spacebar, then h. I found a line with the annoying text and copied it. I pasted that into the “Add” field, and this time the replacement worked. Even though JAWS wasn’t verbalizing a hyphen, it was there.

--

My novel Caroline is now available in paperback, Kindle and audiobook versions and, for qualified readers in the US, at the National Library Service/BARD. Go to: https://adrianspratt.com/book/

Does anyone have clever dictionary hacks or cool tips they can share?  I was getting frustrated with all the extra verbiage with JAWS + Q. It would announce a lot more than the app name.  I made some dictionary entries so now I only hear the app name, like Chrome, Word, Outlook.

Mark