moderated JAWS speaking lines from previous screens

Afik Souffir

Hi,
Yeah, same here

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Gene Warner <genewarner3@...>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2022 9:59:40 PM
To: JAWS support list <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: JAWS speaking lines from previous screens

Hi everyone!

I'm curious if anyone has noticed this apparent bug that for me has been
there for quite a while. I copied this from an email I just sent to
Freedom Scientific.

While visiting the Walmart web site at
https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.walmart.com%2F&amp;data=05%7C01%7C%7C7522f5436d1d47841b6408da5acab253%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637922123864891032%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&amp;sdata=gbC5gpzCRgFpTavTSZeN2LP%2BAJaTZmCJPePHi9z%2B%2BVE%3D&amp;reserved=0
  whenever I'd use the form field list (insert+F5) or the links list
(insert+F7) JAWS reads lines from the about JAWS dialog I viewed earlier
before it
reads from the list I called up. See the speech history below, it is
from just after pressing insert+F5.

--- speech history ---
JAWS Version 2022.2206.9 ILM
Walmart.com | Save Money. Live Better - Profile 1 - Microsoft Edge
Select a Form Field  dialog
---  end ---

To be honest JAWS frequently reads lines from screens that were closed a
while ago. It's like JAWS does not completely clear the speech buffer
after it has said something thus leaving some garbage behind to be
unnecessarily read again and again.

Here's another example, this one was from visiting amazon.com and
calling up the JAWS find dialog.

---speech history ---
JAWS Version 2022.2206.9 ILM
JAWS Find  dialog
Find what:  edit combo
--- end ---

You can see that same line from the about JAWS dialog being read yet
again. And again this dialog was closed hours ago.

Gene...

Gene Warner

I got a response from Freedom Scientific and all they said was that they couldn't reproduce what I was seeing so as far as they're concerned, the problem is with my system and not with JAWS. Honestly I get that response from them all the time. It's gotten to the point that I sometimes wonder why I even bother contacting their tech support. To me it seems like if it isn't something they want to deal with, they just blame it on the users system and close the case.

Gene...

On 6/30/2022 7:26 PM, Marty Hutchings wrote:
I also have noticed similar behavior when reading email.  JAWS sometimes will read something from a previous website that I had visited between reading the subject and message body of the email that I am reading.
Thanks,
Lion Marty Hutchings
BOLD Secretary, Program Director and VIP Liaison
(262) 605-8981
mhutchings152730@...
www.wisconsinbold.com

www.walmart.com
[...]

Marty Hutchings

[...]

Dennis Brown

I've noticed that when I Alt+Tab into a file explorer screen from another application, it gives me the file's info such as name, date, type, and then partial text from a shortcut on my desktop.

Thanks,
Dennis T. Brown

[...]

https://www.avg.com

Gene Warner