moderated Favor

Jeff Lukacsena <jlukacsena@...>

Hi,
Sorry to bother, do you shop on Amazon?
Thanks

David Diamond

Is that a broad query or directed at a certain person?  In my case yes, I do shop on Amazon quite a bit.  By enlarge their site is accessible using JAWS.  Sometimes I’ve phoned the disability line to get a description of an item. As in what colour. Sadly at times I get someone whose first language is not English.  Not a real problem except when they are thinking in their native tongue and don’t seem to understand what you are asking.  In fairness though, some English speaking agents have the same problem.  Maybe their thoughts are on that hot date they are having later.  LOL. One agent thought more of her abilities then she should of.  She was talking to me, had the TV on and was watching her children all at once. I could tell by the way she was talking to me her mind was somewhere else.       

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeff Lukacsena
Sent: June 21, 2022 9:43 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Favor

Hi,
Thanks

Gary Ray

I think this is a scam.

Gary Ray

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: Favor

Is that a broad query or directed at a certain person?  In my case yes, I do shop on Amazon quite a bit.  By enlarge their site is accessible using JAWS.  Sometimes I’ve phoned the disability line to get a description of an item. As in what colour. Sadly at times I get someone whose first language is not English.  Not a real problem except when they are thinking in their native tongue and don’t seem to understand what you are asking.  In fairness though, some English speaking agents have the same problem.  Maybe their thoughts are on that hot date they are having later.  LOL. One agent thought more of her abilities then she should of.  She was talking to me, had the TV on and was watching her children all at once. I could tell by the way she was talking to me her mind was somewhere else.       

Hi,
Thanks

Karen Reynolds

It is. I’ve seen it from someone else on another list. The person whose e-mail address this is needs to change their password on their e-mail account, again.

Karen

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary Ray
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 4:09 PM

I think this is a scam.

Gary Ray

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of David Diamond
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 3:32 PM

Hi,
Thanks

Gene Warner

After being mislead several times by Amazon disability support while shopping, I now reserve them for when I need help with an inaccessible part of their web site. When I need shopping help, discriptions of what is in the pictures or colors or etc., I call Aira instead of Amazon disability support.

David Diamond

When I need shopping help, descriptions of what is in the pictures or colors or etc., I call Aira instead. Good idea. One thing I had to learn was, some at Amazon disability help desk are not knowledgeable in certain things and, like other agencies are just there to collect a pay cheque. At one agency which will remain nameless, She said, "You see the yellow X, click on that." Darling, I've told you 3 times I'm blind. What part of that do you not understand. how am I supposed to see an X much less know what colour it is.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene Warner
Sent: June 21, 2022 5:02 PM

After being mislead several times by Amazon disability support while shopping, I now reserve them for when I need help with an inaccessible part of their web site. When I need shopping help, discriptions of what is in the pictures or colors or etc., I call Aira instead of Amazon disability support.