moderated problem with Excel

kevin meyers <kman2020@...>

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, office 2016 and jaws2022. There was an update performed on my laptop yesterday. After the update I opened Excel 2016. I was able to open a spread sheet. When I tried to add a row using control shift =, I’m automatically pushed out of Excel. I went back in and I couldn’t even bring up the menu and yet it stayed in the spread sheet I opened. Yet I couldn’t move around in the spread sheet. I thought I could do a repair and since I couldn’t go into the menu I wasn’t able to do a repair. Is there another way to do a repair? Could something else be causing this problem? Thanks, Kevin

Ann Byrne

Try using NVDA or Narrator.

At 08:32 AM 6/18/2022, you wrote:

Hello, I'm using the most recent versions of windows10, office 2016 and jaws2022. There was an update performed on my laptop yesterday. After the update I opened Excel 2016. I was able to open a spread sheet. When I tried to add a row using control shift =, I'm automatically pushed out of Excel. I went back in and I couldn't even bring up the menu and yet it stayed in the spread sheet I opened. Yet I couldn't move around in the spread sheet. I thought I could do a repair and since I couldn't go into the menu I wasn't able to do a repair. Is there another way to do a repair? Could something else be causing this problem? Thanks, Kevin

Curtis Chong

Using JAWS on my Windows 10 system, I am not experiencing this problem.
Control Shift Equal works as it should.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

Hello, I'm using the most recent versions of windows10, office 2016
and jaws2022. There was an update performed on my laptop yesterday.
After the update I opened Excel 2016. I was able to open a spread
sheet. When I tried to add a row using control shift =, I'm
automatically pushed out of Excel. I went back in and I couldn't
even bring up the menu and yet it stayed in the spread sheet I
opened. Yet I couldn't move around in the spread sheet. I thought I
could do a repair and since I couldn't go into the menu I wasn't
able to do a repair. Is there another way to do a repair? Could
something else be causing this problem? Thanks, Kevin

Chris Hill

What happens if you use alt plus I then r or just use the applications key and arrow down to insert?

On 6/18/2022 08:32, kevin meyers wrote:

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, office 2016 and jaws2022. There was an update performed on my laptop yesterday. After the update I opened Excel 2016. I was able to open a spread sheet. When I tried to add a row using control shift =, I’m automatically pushed out of Excel. I went back in and I couldn’t even bring up the menu and yet it stayed in the spread sheet I opened. Yet I couldn’t move around in the spread sheet. I thought I could do a repair and since I couldn’t go into the menu I wasn’t able to do a repair. Is there another way to do a repair? Could something else be causing this problem? Thanks, Kevin

kevin meyers <kman2020@...>

I called Microsoft accessibility. They logged on remotely. I had to use Narrator to use quick assist. I opened excel and tried to add a row using the control shift and =. It worked. I then unloaded Narrator and loaded Jaws. Now it worked. I didn’t change anything. I rebotted and tried it again. It still works. The other day I had noticed that when in a cell I could no longer use the home key to move all the way to the right like I had in the past. Well now that works as well. Got me what corrected the problem.s

What happens if you use alt plus I then r or just use the applications key and arrow down to insert?

On 6/18/2022 08:32, kevin meyers wrote:

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, office 2016 and jaws2022. There was an update performed on my laptop yesterday. After the update I opened Excel 2016. I was able to open a spread sheet. When I tried to add a row using control shift =, I’m automatically pushed out of Excel. I went back in and I couldn’t even bring up the menu and yet it stayed in the spread sheet I opened. Yet I couldn’t move around in the spread sheet. I thought I could do a repair and since I couldn’t go into the menu I wasn’t able to do a repair. Is there another way to do a repair? Could something else be causing this problem? Thanks, Kevin

Mark Fisher

Didn't even know what that key stroke did before this post - thanks - amazing what you learn.

Mark Fisher
Manager - People Systems
Water Corporation of Western Australia