 I use Thunderbird sometimes for my business. Navigating from inbox to your main window the message area is done mainly using f6 or tab. if you are in the folder list it helps if you expand the tree with the right arrow. Or closewith left arrow.

Jaws reads the menus no worries.

ope this helps. I am not sure if there are scripts for thunderbird maybe someone can let us know. Kind wishes Michelle

On 20 Jun 2022, at 8:15 am, Lanie Molinar <laniebird91@...> wrote:

Can anyone help with my questions in the below email? I posted this a couple days ago but have yet to receive a response, so I thought I would post another message. I’m using Outlook to send this but there are some things I really like about Thunderbird, and I’d like to go back to using it. Thanks.

From: Lanie Molinar <laniebird91@...>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2022 9:37 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Using Thunderbird with JAWS

Hi all. I just recently switched from NVDA to JAWS to take advantage of some of the tools JAWS offers, and while I really like it, I’m having some trouble using Thunderbird with it. I have the latest stable version of Thunderbird and JAWS 2022 on Windows 11. One of the biggest issues I’ve noticed is that when using Shift and the arrow keys to move through the message list and select messages, a lot of time JAWS just says, “Selected.” It doesn’t say the information about the message I’m on, so I have to use commands to find this out. It will occasionally say the information about the message, but not usually. I also find it difficult to switch to alerts that might pop up, such as when installing an add-on. Does anyone else encounter these issues? Also, do you have any tips on using Thunderbird with JAWS? Thanks.