moderated Virtual Ribbons?

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 11:26 AM, Curtis Chong wrote:
I myself am not in favor of using the virtual ribbons at all. This feature was created so that people could avoid learning how to navigate using the ribbons that were initiated when Office 2007 was released.
-
A hearty SECONDED!   The ribbons interface is the UI across the majority of Windows itself, from File Explorer and through virtually all applications.  It only makes sense to learn the native UI of any operating system you happen to choose to use.

     ~ Lauren Bacall

Curtis Chong

Claudia:

You probably do not have to worry about whether the virtual ribbon menus are used or not because, by default, they are turned off. However, an easier way to check is to do the following:

  • Get into the JAWS Settings by pressing JAWS Key plus the number 6.
  • Press Control Shift D to ensure you are in the Default Settings.
  • Search for the word ribbon.
  • Arrow down to “use virtual ribbon menu”. You should see that this is not checked.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Curtis Chong

Cordially,