moderated Highlighting text using Adobe pro

Christine Laton <christinelaton@...>

Hi,

To tag onto all the PDF conversations lately: Does anyone know how to highlight text in a PDF with Adobe pro? I am able to select, but I can’t find a way to highlight it. Adobe says that shift+u should be a shortcut, but it seems like JAWS thinks that’s a navigation shortcut.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Christine

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

Why do you want to highlight the text? Are you trying to copy or just highlight for the sake of appearance? I highly recommend doing any real editing in Microsoft Word.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

To tag onto all the PDF conversations lately: Does anyone know how to highlight text in a PDF with Adobe pro? I am able to select, but I can’t find a way to highlight it. Adobe says that shift+u should be a shortcut, but it seems like JAWS thinks that’s a navigation shortcut.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Christine

Bill White

Hi, Curtis. If you edit the pdf document in Word, won't you change the format of the pdf just by opening it in Word? He wants to edit in Adobe Pro to preserve original format while editing the document.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Why do you want to highlight the text? Are you trying to copy or just highlight for the sake of appearance? I highly recommend doing any real editing in Microsoft Word.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

To tag onto all the PDF conversations lately: Does anyone know how to highlight text in a PDF with Adobe pro? I am able to select, but I can’t find a way to highlight it. Adobe says that shift+u should be a shortcut, but it seems like JAWS thinks that’s a navigation shortcut.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Christine

Christine Laton <christinelaton@...>

Hi,

It is for a specific work task where I need to highlight lines of a PDF document so that they are easy to see. If I moved it to Word etc, the formatting and presentation would be changed significantly.

Thanks,
Christine

On Jun 11, 2022, at 4:40 PM, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

Greetings:

Why do you want to highlight the text? Are you trying to copy or just highlight for the sake of appearance? I highly recommend doing any real editing in Microsoft Word.

Warmly,

Curtis Chong

To tag onto all the PDF conversations lately: Does anyone know how to highlight text in a PDF with Adobe pro? I am able to select, but I can’t find a way to highlight it. Adobe says that shift+u should be a shortcut, but it seems like JAWS thinks that’s a navigation shortcut.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Christine

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

I am afraid there is little you can do using the Adobe software. You need to extract the text, put it into Word and then reference it as a quotation. This is precisely the method which works for me.

Sorry.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

To tag onto all the PDF conversations lately: Does anyone know how to highlight text in a PDF with Adobe pro? I am able to select, but I can’t find a way to highlight it. Adobe says that shift+u should be a shortcut, but it seems like JAWS thinks that’s a navigation shortcut.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Christine

Curtis Chong

Indeed you will, but is the format as important as highlighting something that you want to talk about. This depends on the individual circumstance here.

Curtis

[...]

Joseph Machise <josephmachise@...>

please explain