From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris Hill
Sent: 12 June 2022 03:40
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Curiosity: What makes people choose Jaws over NVDA?

Hello.
Have not had any trouble with either one of those. Sounds like a machine-specific problem that might be solvable with a reinstall of jaws or something.

CH

On 6/
1/2022 20:40, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
One thing I've noticed with Jaws 2022 lately is that at least on my
machine, it seems to become completely unresponsive while using the
task manager and device manager, whereas NVDA works perfectly fine. I
don't know if this is just a Windows 11 issue or if it's something
unique to my machine or if it's an issue with Jaws. Either way I
prefer to use NVDA while using both the task manager and device
manager.

On 6/11/22, Glenn / Lenny <glenn@...> wrote:
I've always thought NVDA was more like Window Eyes.
Now, if there was a Jaws add-on for NVDA, that set the keyboard
functions to

be like Jaws, I think a lot more people would use it.
I remember when Microsoft Word had a WordPerfect keyboard layout,
that made

it a lot easier for WP users.
Glenn