moderated not able to send/receive emails

kevin meyers <kman2020@...>

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Jaws2022 and Office 2016. I have 3 emails with one service provider. One of them no longer will send or receive emails. Yesterday I added a new email address. At that time any emails sent to the new email address showed up in the inbox for the new email address and my master email address. I removed the new email address from Outlook 2016 and then in the control panel. I went through all the settings on my master email address and there is nothing different. Is there something else that could be causing this problem? My service provider said they aren’t having any problems. Microsoft Accessibility couldn’t figure it out. Plus it is a pain to get help from MA as something happen to using quick access with Jaws. Now have to use Narrator. Any thoughts? Cheers, Kevin

Who is the email service provider?
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044  

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
     ~ Lauren Bacall

spectrum

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 10:52 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: not able to send/receive emails

--

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
     ~ Lauren Bacall

Kevin,

This could be an issue with a profile corruption in Outlook, but it might not be.

If you are comfortable with setting up another email client such as Thunderbird and adding all the accounts there, and seeing if they load messages correctly, that would be a useful diagnostic step to see if the issue lies with Outlook or Spectrum (it wouldn't be the first time an email service provider says, "we're having no issues," when the issue lies with them).  If everything loads in Thunderbird, then it at least could be an issue with your Outlook profile.

Also, you should let Outlook do the setup for the servers for Spectrum itself.  I know that they have accurate data about which IMAP and SMTP servers, ports, and protocols are used by Spectrum.  You could try re-adding the account and do NOT manually set up anything.  Just give Outlook the email address and password when prompted and let it do the rest.
--

~ Lauren Bacall

Kimber Gardner

Hi Kevin,

It sounds like you’re having the same problem that I’m having on my Windows 10 machine running outlook 2019. After trying a few different approaches, what I ended up doing was deleting the account from Outlook and adding it back in. Except I feel like it still isn’t really right. But I think that might be a different thread something like IMAP versus pop three. I expect this might be what you end up doing as well. Good luck with it because it took me a whole day to figure it out and get things working again. 

Sent from Kimber's Red iPhone
” those who seek to band books are wrong, no matter how dangerous books can be.“ Viet Thanh Nguyen

On Jun 10, 2022, at 12:08 PM, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

spectrum

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Andy

I have a Roadrunner Email account and a Gmail account.  Last evening for several hours I was not receiving any Email. I thought it might be an issue on my end with my PC, but the same thing was happening with my iPhone.

This morning all was normal again, so I would assume that it was a Spectrum issue.

Andy

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 8:33 AM
Subject: not able to send/receive emails

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, Jaws2022 and Office 2016. I have 3 emails with one service provider. One of them no longer will send or receive emails. Yesterday I added a new email address. At that time any emails sent to the new email address showed up in the inbox for the new email address and my master email address. I removed the new email address from Outlook 2016 and then in the control panel. I went through all the settings on my master email address and there is nothing different. Is there something else that could be causing this problem? My service provider said they aren’t having any problems. Microsoft Accessibility couldn’t figure it out. Plus it is a pain to get help from MA as something happen to using quick access with Jaws. Now have to use Narrator. Any thoughts? Cheers, Kevin

If I remove the email address that is unable to send or receive emails, I think I will have to back up the pst and dat files. I think when deleting an account in Outlook it will delete everything. Including the pst and dat files. I thought thunderbird was just a browser. Or does Thunderbird function like Outlook?

Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 11:15 AM

Kevin,

This could be an issue with a profile corruption in Outlook, but it might not be.

If you are comfortable with setting up another email client such as Thunderbird and adding all the accounts there, and seeing if they load messages correctly, that would be a useful diagnostic step to see if the issue lies with Outlook or Spectrum (it wouldn't be the first time an email service provider says, "we're having no issues," when the issue lies with them).  If everything loads in Thunderbird, then it at least could be an issue with your Outlook profile.

Also, you should let Outlook do the setup for the servers for Spectrum itself.  I know that they have accurate data about which IMAP and SMTP servers, ports, and protocols are used by Spectrum.  You could try re-adding the account and do NOT manually set up anything.  Just give Outlook the email address and password when prompted and let it do the rest.
--

~ Lauren Bacall

Bill White

Hi, Kevin. Thunderbird is an email client. It does, indeed function with the same purpose as Outlook. I won't say that it functions like Outlook, because the menus and such are very different.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 10:56 AM

If I remove the email address that is unable to send or receive emails, I think I will have to back up the pst and dat files. I think when deleting an account in Outlook it will delete everything. Including the pst and dat files. I thought thunderbird was just a browser. Or does Thunderbird function like Outlook?

Kevin,

--

~ Lauren Bacall

When you deleted the account in Outlook, doesn’t it delete everything? Including the pst and dat files?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kimber Gardner
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 12:04 PM

Hi Kevin,

It sounds like you’re having the same problem that I’m having on my Windows 10 machine running outlook 2019. After trying a few different approaches, what I ended up doing was deleting the account from Outlook and adding it back in. Except I feel like it still isn’t really right. But I think that might be a different thread something like IMAP versus pop three. I expect this might be what you end up doing as well. Good luck with it because it took me a whole day to figure it out and get things working again. 

” those who seek to band books are wrong, no matter how dangerous books can be.“ Viet Thanh Nguyen

spectrum

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Curtis Chong

Hello:

When you delete the account in Outlook, your data files are not wiped.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 12:11 PM

When you deleted the account in Outlook, doesn’t it delete everything? Including the pst and dat files?

Hi Kevin,

spectrum

--

~ Lauren Bacall

On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 02:22 PM, Curtis Chong wrote:
When you delete the account in Outlook, your data files are not wiped.
-
And it really wouldn't matter how Outlook is handling things anyway.  Server side protocols like MS Exchange and IMAP do everything of importance, including storing messages, on the server.  Deleting an account from any given email client that's had access changes nothing on the server side.  And if you choose to connect to that account again, whether in Outlook or any other email client, all of your messages and folders you've created should synchronize automatically, though it will take some time if you are a pack rat as far as keeping messages goes.

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Joseph Machise <josephmachise@...>

hi gang also having the same trouble on my windows7

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 2:11 PM

Hi Kevin,

spectrum

--

~ Lauren Bacall

meow meow

does thunderbird have own accout for email? or just thunderbird like window to collect email?

Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 11:58 AM

Hi, Kevin. Thunderbird is an email client. It does, indeed function with the same purpose as Outlook. I won't say that it functions like Outlook, because the menus and such are very different.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Kevin,

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Outlook, Thunderbird, eM Client, Becky, and the list goes on and on are all simply e-mail clients.  None has any account of its own, but accesses email accounts you have access to.  Outlook.com and Outlook the e-mail client are only very loosely related because they're both owned by Microsoft.  But you do not need to have an Outlook.com email account to use Outlook.
--

~ Lauren Bacall

Bill White

Hi, Rosie. Thunderbird does not have its own account to collect and send e-mail. It is like Windows Mail, in that it uses whatever account the user may desire.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of meow meow
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 1:06 PM

does thunderbird have own accout for email? or just thunderbird like window to collect email?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Kevin,

--

~ Lauren Bacall

meow meow

thanks so much I am looking for good email account that my iphone would not work very well on gmail and I have new laptop that window live is no longer to download that what I'm using now with my old window 7 computer

and I did look at free outlook it is not easy to me

Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 2:11 PM

Hi, Rosie. Thunderbird does not have its own account to collect and send e-mail. It is like Windows Mail, in that it uses whatever account the user may desire.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of meow meow
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2022 1:06 PM

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Kevin,

--

~ Lauren Bacall

Hi Brian, Spectrum figured out it was there problem. They told me that any domain name that sends a lot of emails at one time is considered a spam email. They made an adjust to their incoming server to allow more messages coming from a particular domain name. The two domains aren’t a scamer. They are coming from my bank pnc.com and another one myheritage.com. They said I’m the only one that has called about this issue. They also said that there is a chance this could happen again. At one time my bank told me they were geting a lot of rejects from Spectrum. I’m surprised that I’m the only one calling in about this issue. I asked them don’t your system look what I setup in the don’t block these emails or domain names? They said they do. Then why do I still get emails at times in the spam folder on your site. Your system is out of date! I guess it is time to move on to a different service provider. What do you think of using outlook.com for email addresses? Thanks, Kevin

Kevin,

--

~ Lauren Bacall

John Covici

I would never use a free email service, too important to me. I do my
own, but there are a lot of good ones out there, fastmail is one of
them. You can make up your own domain name and you can change
providers at will and keep the same email address -- much better.

On Sat, 18 Jun 2022 09:51:27 -0400,
kevin meyers wrote:

[1 <text/plain; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]
Hi Brian, Spectrum figured out it was there problem. They told me that any domain name that sends a lot of emails at one time is considered a spam email. They made an adjust to their incoming server to allow more messages coming from a particular domain name. The two domains aren’t a scamer. They are coming from my bank pnc.com and another one myheritage.com. They said I’m the only one that has called about this issue. They also said that there is a chance this could happen again. At one time my bank told me they were geting a lot of rejects from Spectrum. I’m surprised that I’m the only one calling in about this issue. I asked them don’t your system look what I setup in the don’t block these emails or domain names? They said they do. Then why do I still get emails at times in the spam folder on your site. Your system is out of date! I guess it is time to move on to a different service provider. What do you think of using outlook.com for email addresses? Thanks, Kevin

Kevin,

If you are comfortable with setting up another email client such as Thunderbird and adding all the accounts there, and seeing if they load messages correctly, that would be a useful diagnostic step to see if the issue lies with Outlook or Spectrum (it wouldn't be the first time an email service provider says, "we're having no issues," when the issue lies with them). If everything loads in Thunderbird, then it at least could be an issue with your Outlook profile.

Also, you should let Outlook do the setup for the servers for Spectrum itself. I know that they have accurate data about which IMAP and SMTP servers, ports, and protocols are used by Spectrum. You could try re-adding the account and do NOT manually set up anything. Just give Outlook the email address and password when prompted and let it do the rest.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete. If you’re alive, it isn’t.
~ Lauren Bacall

[2 <text/html; utf-8 (quoted-printable)>]
--
Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 10:28 AM, John Covici wrote:
I would never use a free email service, too important to me.
-
Which is an entirely appropriate personal choice.  It's also one I don't share.

But whether using a free service like gmail, outlook.com, or a paid option it's still a much better idea than ever using ISP provided email addresses.  People can and do change ISPs and ISPs do go out of business (or out of the e-mail business, e.g., Verizon) and in those cases your email address often goes right along with those changes.

Given how many entities we provide e-mail addresses to, much like we once (and still do) provide phone numbers to, you want your email address to be every bit as stable as your phone number, if not more so.
--

~ Lauren Bacall

Madison Martin

Hi Kevin,

I have an outlook.com account and I love it as it seems to filter much less then my gmail and ISP email addresses did (I often had 30+ emails in my spam/junk  folder and now there are often many days in which I don’t have any messages in that folder). I did have an issue at the beginning with being able to send messages as when I connected my account to Outlook it was automatically set up as an exchange account so I had to remove the account and then set it up manually so that I could make it an I Map account but once I did this everything was fine. If you access your account on the web you shouldn’t have this issue but I won’t assume that’s how you plan on accessing your account. That’s why I got one was so that I’d know that regardless of where I am as long as I’m connected to the internet then I’ll have access to my emails; wish I’d gotten one of these addresses in the first. Hope this helps somewhat, feel free to  ask me any questions that you may have,

Madison

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: June 18, 2022 8:51 AM

Kevin,

--

~ Lauren Bacall