From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Claudia
Sent: 10 June 2022 06:47
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Jaws and Braille Displays

Hi,

I have only worked with the Focus 40 Blue, and my department at work is trying to get this for me.

However, it looks like it is currently sold out, so what other braille display could I research that will work well with JFW?

Or, is this the best one, since I believe it was made to work with Jaws?

Thanks.

Claudia

JM Casey

I think most current braille displays can be made to work with JAWS, and even some really old ones still. Even if it isn’t in the list of available options built in to JFW, you can often get a driver that works.

I have an older focus 40 and I also have a Baum Supervario 80 (or something) that is at least ten, maybe 15 years old. Still interfaces with the screen-reader though there are power issues with the unit that mean I don’t use it much.

I have only worked with the Focus 40 Blue, and my department at work is trying to get this for me.

However, it looks like it is currently sold out, so what other braille display could I research that will work well with JFW?

Or, is this the best one, since I believe it was made to work with Jaws?

Thanks.

Claudia

Dacia Cole

I have the humanware brailliant BI 40 and it works great. So does the BI 40 X which is the new model.

On Jun 10, 2022, at 1:51 AM, John Covici <covici@...> wrote:

Humanware has some very good ones, Brailliant BI 40x or whatever they
call the newer version these days. I have an old BI40 which works
well with Jaws.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2022 01:47:20 -0400,
Claudia wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
Hi,

I have only worked with the Focus 40 Blue, and my department at work is
trying to get this for me.

However, it looks like it is currently sold out, so what other braille
display could I research that will work well with JFW?

Or, is this the best one, since I believe it was made to work with Jaws?

Thanks.

Claudia

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Karen Reynolds

Hi Claudia,

What about the 80 cell? Same company, just longer and a couple of more keys to learn.

Karen

I have only worked with the Focus 40 Blue, and my department at work is trying to get this for me.

However, it looks like it is currently sold out, so what other braille display could I research that will work well with JFW?

Or, is this the best one, since I believe it was made to work with Jaws?

Thanks.

Claudia

John Covici

Claudia wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (quoted-printable)>]
Hi,

I have only worked with the Focus 40 Blue, and my department at work is
trying to get this for me.

However, it looks like it is currently sold out, so what other braille
display could I research that will work well with JFW?

Or, is this the best one, since I believe it was made to work with Jaws?

Thanks.

Claudia

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

I Claudia/all,

I am using Active Braille from Handytech, a German firm, and it works perfectly well  with jaws.

                                                            Hope this helps,

                                             Takis