moderated very annoying issue whenever I open Edge

Madison Martin

Hi all,
Whenever I open Microsoft Edge to do a search I either get breaking news alerts
or search suggestions (Amazon, Facebook and many other things) before I've even
typed anything into the search box. Before anyone asks these are not things that
I set up previously that I now want to get rid of Can anyone tell me how to stop
both of these things from happening? Using latest versions of Edge, Jaws and
Windows 11.
Madison

Karen Reynolds

Hi Madison,
Perhaps someone else can tell you how to do this, but you can go into the
settings and set your start up window for Edge to come up as blank. Then it
comes up in the edit field for searching. You can even change your search
engine if you like too.

Karen