moderated USB

meow meow

hi Rosie here...
can anyone walk me thought how to setting up USB drive on my new window 11 laptop with Jaws 22 that I did put USB in and press startup and found setting for USB and there are 2 one is create USB drive and other is update USB Drive but I go to create USB but I got conguse at that point that I did click on create but it did not do anthing

To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: reading pdfs

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

Avast logo

Chris Hill

No, you don't need to run a program, just plug the drive in and it will show up in "this pc".

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

Avast logo

meow meow

I did that it won't read it or does not show anything that I heard just click sound that it no files now bring up what I look up google it saying I need to install USB driver

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

Avast logo

K0LNY

Hi Rosie,
Do you know if it has been formatted?
I recommend formatting it as NTFS because if it is not NTFS, you will not be able to save a file bigger than 4 GB.
BTW, you can join my blind tech list, send a message to:

Glenn

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

Avast logo

Tim Ford

I have found that sometimes the drive letter does not show, or at least not that I can recognize.  If this happens, I have simply entered the possible drive letters, d:\, e:\ etc. in the run dialog.  To do this, press the windows key + r, then enter as above.

Good luck!

Tim

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

Avast logo

meow meow

I did try nothing happen

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

Avast logo

meow meow

most of my files are from notepad and I want to put my USB in my window 11 laptop to bring up like I did to my window 7 that I plug USB in slop and in window 11 nothing happen can't open my files at all

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

Avast logo

Karen Reynolds

Perhaps the USB is corrupted? Have you tried shutting down your computer and bringing it back up and trying again?

Karen

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

Avast logo

meow meow

yes
still nothing
I read somewhere at google it saying my USB might be old  for my new window 11
any help?

Sent: Monday, June 06, 2022 7:04 PM

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

Avast logo

JM Casey

Did you check to see if the drive shows up in file explorer?

The next thing would be to check device manager under removable storage or something (don’t know what it’s called in windows 11)

Sent: Monday, June 06, 2022 7:04 PM

To: main@jfw.groups.io

Hi,
As Kestrell and others have pointed out, you can run into various problems with PDF's. For best results generally, use Adobe Acrobat Reader rather than one of the browser PDF readers. And you can read about the vvarious issues encountered and how to deal with them in Chapter 10 of my book.
Regards,
David

If the drive has not been tried out on another machine, that's the first thing to try.  If two different machines don't recognize it, the drive is fried.

USB thumb drives are notorious for failing "out of nowhere" at almost every age.  Many go for years and years, but eventually up and die.  That's the most likely scenario here, but there are simple steps, like seeing if any computer recognizes the drive, that can help to rule in/out actual device failure.

     ~ Lauren Bacall