moderated AnWells Fargo has made changes to web site

Judy

Well, it’s interesting because a few sites seem to function okay with this overlay thing, but a lot of them are completely useless and worse than if there was nothing at all. There are a couple sites where I can use the site without the “overlay”, not well but I can use it. The thing is that on some smaller websites, they may not know that doing this is not conforming to what they should have to conform to the ADA, and think they are doing what they should. There’s always someone trying to get around what they should be doing. Thankfully my banks are both fine and don’t employ that method. I do agree that NFB and ACB should do more along these lines. Thanks. Judy & Libby

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Milton Ota
Sent: Friday, June 3, 2022 1:23 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: AnWells Fargo has made changes to web site

Yes, when you see a message like what you described, that is what is known as overlay. You will find that it is beginning to be deployed on large and small sites. Subscription to such an overlay annual cost around $500.00 plus per year and sellers are telling organizations and large coorperation that deploying this overlay will protect them from lawsuits related to an inaccessible website.