moderated Issues with Windows 11: renaming files and no hot keys in Google Chrome

Eileen Scrivani

Hi again,

Sorry, I miss-read that you are using Fusion and I'm using Jaws.

Eileen

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bonnie Vegiard
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2022 7:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Issues with Windows 11: renaming files and no hot keys in Google Chrome

Hi everyone,
My laptop upgraded to Windows 11 because I wasn’t vigilant enough about preventing it from doing so, so now I’m trying to figure it out. I’ve listen to some Freedom scientific webcast and have done some searching, but I can’t find answers to some pretty simple questions. I am using the latest version of Fusion.

When I try to rename a file or a folder, I highlight the file and hit alt and arrow over to the rename button. Then my highlighted file says “edit“ but I can’t figure out anyway to actually type in a new name. Can anyone help?

And then with Google Chrome, none of my keys are working at all. If I hit H on almost any website jaws will tell me that there are no headings, even though I know there are. I can’t get to edit boxes or item lists or anything, none of the hot keys are working at all. Any ideas?

Thank you, BonnieIssues with windows 11 colon renameming files and Internet issues

Eileen Scrivani

Hi Bonnie,

I'm using Win 11 on an all-in-one computer so am not sure where the laptop will differ. I am able to rename files by pressing the applications key and then arrow down/up to rename and pressing enter. Then edit the file name as you like.

As for the other keys you mention they work as they are supposed to. Perhaps this is the difference with a laptop.

Eileen

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bonnie Vegiard
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2022 7:10 PM
Subject: Issues with Windows 11: renaming files and no hot keys in Google Chrome

Hi everyone,
My laptop upgraded to Windows 11 because I wasn’t vigilant enough about preventing it from doing so, so now I’m trying to figure it out. I’ve listen to some Freedom scientific webcast and have done some searching, but I can’t find answers to some pretty simple questions. I am using the latest version of Fusion.

When I try to rename a file or a folder, I highlight the file and hit alt and arrow over to the rename button. Then my highlighted file says “edit“ but I can’t figure out anyway to actually type in a new name. Can anyone help?

And then with Google Chrome, none of my keys are working at all. If I hit H on almost any website jaws will tell me that there are no headings, even though I know there are. I can’t get to edit boxes or item lists or anything, none of the hot keys are working at all. Any ideas?

Thank you, BonnieIssues with windows 11 colon renameming files and Internet issues

Jeff Christiansen

Bonnie

Yes maybe calling them is best. What happens after you restart your PC? Was anything any better or the same?

Sent: Monday, May 30, 2022 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: Issues with Windows 11: renaming files and no hot keys in Google Chrome

Thank you. I did try that, it’s simply not working. Also, the website issues are more than just the hotkeys. I can hear jaws make a popping sound when I get into an edit box, but when I try to type something I just get messages such as no lists found or no edit boxes found or whatever, just as if it’s not in an edit box at all. It’s very strange, I don’t know what’s happening. I’ll try to send Freedom scientific a help message, I’m just not sure when I can be home during working hours to work on this.

Bonnie

On May 30, 2022, at 10:02 PM, Jeff Christiansen <jeff@...> wrote:

First, after highlighting the desired file or folder for rename, use, F2, and start typing the new name, pressing enter saves as the new-name or escape to cancel.

Not sure why the JAWS shortcuts are not working. Are you positive you are running Fusion and not just Zoomtext? Wish I could be more helpful on the second.

Sent: Monday, May 30, 2022 5:10 PM
Subject: Issues with Windows 11: renaming files and no hot keys in
Google Chrome

Hi everyone,

Thank you, BonnieIssues with windows 11 colon renameming files and
Internet issues

Bonnie Vegiard

Thank you. I did try that, it’s simply not working. Also, the website issues are more than just the hotkeys. I can hear jaws make a popping sound when I get into an edit box, but when I try to type something I just get messages such as no lists found or no edit boxes found or whatever, just as if it’s not in an edit box at all. It’s very strange, I don’t know what’s happening. I’ll try to send Freedom scientific a help message, I’m just not sure when I can be home during working hours to work on this.

Bonnie

On May 30, 2022, at 10:02 PM, Jeff Christiansen <jeff@...> wrote:

First, after highlighting the desired file or folder for rename, use, F2, and start typing the new name, pressing enter saves as the new-name or escape to cancel.

Not sure why the JAWS shortcuts are not working. Are you positive you are running Fusion and not just Zoomtext? Wish I could be more helpful on the second.

Hi everyone,

Jeff Christiansen

Hi everyone,

Bonnie Vegiard

Hi everyone,