From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bonnie Vegiard
Sent: Monday, May 30, 2022 7:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Issues with Windows 11: renaming files and no hot keys in Google Chrome

Hi everyone,
My laptop upgraded to Windows 11 because I wasn’t vigilant enough about preventing it from doing so, so now I’m trying to figure it out. I’ve listen to some Freedom scientific webcast and have done some searching, but I can’t find answers to some pretty simple questions. I am using the latest version of Fusion.

When I try to rename a file or a folder, I highlight the file and hit alt and arrow over to the rename button. Then my highlighted file says “edit“ but I can’t figure out anyway to actually type in a new name. Can anyone help?

And then with Google Chrome, none of my keys are working at all. If I hit H on almost any website jaws will tell me that there are no headings, even though I know there are. I can’t get to edit boxes or item lists or anything, none of the hot keys are working at all. Any ideas?

Thank you, BonnieIssues with windows 11 colon renameming files and Internet issues

Eileen Scrivani

Hi Bonnie,

I'm using Win 11 on an all-in-one computer so am not sure where the laptop will differ. I am able to rename files by pressing the applications key and then arrow down/up to rename and pressing enter. Then edit the file name as you like.

As for the other keys you mention they work as they are supposed to. Perhaps this is the difference with a laptop.

Eileen

[...]

Jeff Christiansen

Bonnie

Yes maybe calling them is best. What happens after you restart your PC? Was anything any better or the same?