moderated jaws 2019 and reading the properties pages.

JM Casey

Some people have reported that the JAWS cursor does not work properly in much of Windows 10. I already know it doesn’t work properly in universal apps, but it should work in file explorer. Your method is how I usually look at file properties, too, and I’m actually using JAWS 2018 (Windows 10, 21h2). If y ou virtualise the window, though, it’s a better choice in a way, even though it involves a few more keystrokes.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Sent: May 28, 2022 07:41 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: jaws 2019 and reading the properties pages.

Good morning:

Currently I'm using jaws 2019. When I want to look at the properties of a file, i.e. date created etc. I route Jaws to pc and it is blank, the only word that appears is okay. I set jaws to unrestricted and I get the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

crayton Benner <craybay3198@...>

It shouldn't be doing that. I will give it a shot with jaws 2022 which is what I am running here and see what happens.

On 5/28/2022 6:06 AM, Bill White wrote:

Hi again, John. I want to add to my message explaining how to view the properties of a file. After viewing the Virtual Window of Properties, when finished, press ESCAPE twice to close both the Virtual Window in JAWS, and the Properties Window.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2022 4:41 AM

Good morning:

Currently I'm using jaws 2019. When I want to look at the properties of a file, i.e. date created etc. I route Jaws to pc and it is blank, the only word that appears is okay. I set jaws to unrestricted and I get the same result.

Thanks.

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Thank you.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2022 09:07 AM
Subject: Re: jaws 2019 and reading the properties pages.

Hi again, John. I want to add to my message explaining how to view the properties of a file. After viewing the Virtual Window of Properties, when finished, press ESCAPE twice to close both the Virtual Window in JAWS, and the Properties Window.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Good morning:

Thanks.

Bill White

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Good morning:

Thanks.

Bill White

Hi, John. View the properties of a file or folder in the following manner,

1. Navigate to the file or folder, but do not open it.

2. Press ALT plus ENTER on the file name.

3. Press ALT plus JAWS key plus W to virtualize the screen.

4. Use the Up and Down arrow keys to navigate through the information.

5. Use the left and right arrows to navigate through the information, character by character.

6. Use CONTROL plus Left Arrow, and CONTROL plus Right Arrow to navigate the information word by word.

7. Use CONTROL plus A to select all information on the screen.

8. Once selected, use CONTROL plus C to copy the information to the clipboard.

9. Use CONTROL plus V to paste the copied information into any text or word processing file.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Good morning:

Thanks.

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Good morning:

Thanks.