moderated Is ther a more friendly Audible reader?

JM Casey

I think both VLC and Windows Media Player can play them. The problem is not that they can’t be played, but that they are encrypted. SO you need to break the encryption or use a player that can work with the DRM if you bought the thing from Audible. Maybe WMP can do this.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of dennis
Sent: May 27, 2022 03:02 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Is ther a more friendly Audible reader?

audible files are in the aa format. i'm not aware and have never been able to find a desktop player that will play them. i use to convert them to mp3s but that became impracticle. sorry i don't have more for you but if you find one, please let me know as i would like to have that opption too.

On 5/27/2022 1:57 PM, Dennis Brown wrote:

Yes, Alexa does a fine job, but it doesn’t allow me to put my technical titles in one group, writing tools in another, fiction in another, etc.

I’m looking for a Desktop solution.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thanks,

Dennis T. Brown