moderated turning on jaws scan cursor in any application

Steve Nutt

Why do you need the new Notepad, just uninstall it, and you’re back to Notepad Classic.

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: 04 May 2022 12:30
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: turning on jaws scan cursor in any application

if the scan cursor were scriptable which I haven't done research into whether it is or not, it would make customizing the new windows11 notepad app easier.

Josh Kennedy

if the scan cursor were scriptable which I haven't done research into whether it is or not, it would make customizing the new windows11 notepad app easier.

Steve Nutt

Why would you want the scan cursor on in Notepad?

All the best

Steve

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: 27 April 2022 03:13
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: turning on jaws scan cursor in any application

hi,

I think I figured out how to force the jaws scan cursor on in certain applications. You have to go into:

C:\ProgramData\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\2022\SETTINGS\enu\

and if you don't see it you have to go into file explorer options and turn on show hidden files and folders. 

then open default.jcf in notepad. and you are looking for this section I will paste below. 

[GenericUIAClasses]

;Classes starting with the strings defined in this section will be used to activate the scan cursor version of the JAWS and Invisible cursors.

NetUIHWND=1

HwndWrapper=1

Qt5QWindowIcon=1

Windows.UI.Core.=1

The question I have is this: what do I put into this section so that notepad is a valid class for the jaws scan cursor? or do I need a special notepad.jcf file with this section from default.jcf included in it? I looked in hjglobals.jsh and hjconst.jsh for such class names and could not find them. 

Josh

Dave Durber

Josh:

When opening the default.jcf file in Notepad, remember to make sure Word Wrap is turned off.

HTH

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 3:12 AM
Subject: turning on jaws scan cursor in any application

hi,
I think I figured out how to force the jaws scan cursor on in certain applications. You have to go into:

and if you don't see it you have to go into file explorer options and turn on show hidden files and folders. 
then open default.jcf in notepad. and you are looking for this section I will paste below. 

[GenericUIAClasses]
;Classes starting with the strings defined in this section will be used to activate the scan cursor version of the JAWS and Invisible cursors.
NetUIHWND=1
HwndWrapper=1
Qt5QWindowIcon=1
Windows.UI.Core.=1

The question I have is this: what do I put into this section so that notepad is a valid class for the jaws scan cursor? or do I need a special notepad.jcf file with this section from default.jcf included in it? I looked in hjglobals.jsh and hjconst.jsh for such class names and could not find them. 

Josh

Josh Kennedy

hi,

[GenericUIAClasses]
NetUIHWND=1
HwndWrapper=1
Qt5QWindowIcon=1
Windows.UI.Core.=1

Josh