moderated JAWS and unread Outlook messages

Jim Portillo

Greetings,

I have an issue that is annoying me regarding JAWS and Outlook.

I can have unread messages in my box and perhaps not want to read certain ones right then and there. As soon as I arrow through messages to get to specific ones, the unread ones no longer show as unread. Is this a JAWS glitch, or do I need to do something else?

I’m using JAWS 2022 and Office 365.

Thoughts?

Jim

K0LNY

I wonder if preview pane is turned on in view settings.
I turn off the preview pane, I don't want any of my messages showing until I enter on them.
This is only a guess.
Glenn

I have an issue that is annoying me regarding JAWS and Outlook.

I can have unread messages in my box and perhaps not want to read certain ones right then and there. As soon as I arrow through messages to get to specific ones, the unread ones no longer show as unread. Is this a JAWS glitch, or do I need to do something else?

I’m using JAWS 2022 and Office 365.

Thoughts?

Jim

Curtis Chong

Jim:

Check to see if you have the Reading pane open. If you do, that is the cause of your problem. Turn off Reding pane. Press Alt, V, P, N. The options come up and can be reviewed with the up or down arrow keys. Select off and press Enter.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

I have an issue that is annoying me regarding JAWS and Outlook.

I can have unread messages in my box and perhaps not want to read certain ones right then and there. As soon as I arrow through messages to get to specific ones, the unread ones no longer show as unread. Is this a JAWS glitch, or do I need to do something else?

I’m using JAWS 2022 and Office 365.

Thoughts?

Jim

Jim Portillo

Oh, you know…I didn’t even think about that particular deal. I was so used to having it off and such with previous versions.

Thanks!