From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Larry McMillan via groups.io
Sent: March 4, 2022 7:23 AM
To: Jaws Group <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: Zoom & Jaws

I have a laptop.  How can I navigate Zoom app with Jaws?  I want to be able to log in, turn on video, unmute, etc.

Thank you

Larry

Milton Ota

If you go to the Zoom.us website you will find a section on Accessibility and you will then find all the possible keyboard commands for Zoom.

I suggest that you create a free account on the Zoom website to be assured that you get the latest updates as Zoom releases updates for the desktop and smart phone devices about every other week. There is no charge to create a free account.

Milton Ota

ICAN Island Computer Access Now

4273 Coventry Dr., S.

Unit E

Fargo, ND 58104-4498

Ph: (701) 731-0511

Email: mota1252@...

Mario

Milton, I am just wondering what are the benefits of signing up for a free account as opposed to not bothering?

If you go to the Zoom.us website you will find a section on
Accessibility and you will then find all the possible keyboard commands
for Zoom.

I suggest that you create a free account on the Zoom website to be
assured that you get the latest updates as Zoom releases updates for the
desktop and smart phone devices about every other week. There is no
charge to create a free account.

Milton Ota

ICAN Island Computer Access Now

4273 Coventry Dr., S.

Unit E

Fargo, ND 58104-4498

Ph: (701) 731-0511

Email: mota1252@... <mailto:mota1252@...>

Steve Nutt

Hi,

If running JAWS, just press JAWS key and W when Zoom is in focus, and you should get help

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

All that is easy.  Click the zoom app on your laptop and follow the instructions, enter the user ID tab down once to enter the password.  To turn on or off your camera or mute, unmute yourself is pretty easy as well.  Unless Brian or someone else beats me to it, I will send the instructions for all of the zoom commands using a screen reader after I finish working.

I have a laptop.  How can I navigate Zoom app with Jaws?  I want to be able to log in, turn on video, unmute, etc.

Thank you

Larry

Steve Nutt

Taken directly from JAWS help.

The builtin Zoom keystroke to notify current speaker conflicts with the JAWS notifications keystrokes. Instead, press control+shift+T to have Zoom notify

who's talking.

General keystrokes:

Mute or unmute audio: Alt+A

Raise or lower your hand: Alt+Y

Open the Invite window: Alt+I

Show the In-Meeting Chat panel: Alt+H

Show the Participants panel: Alt+U

Move between Zoom popup windows: F6

Recording Keystrokes:

Start local recording: Alt+R

Start cloud recording: Alt+C

Pause or resume recording: Alt+P

Video Meeting Keystrokes:

Switch to active speaker view:  Alt+F1

Switch to gallery video view: Alt+F2

Start or stop Video: Alt+V

Meeting Organizer Keystrokes:

Mute or unmute audio for everyone except the host: Alt+M

Switch camera: Alt+N

Enter or exit full screen: Alt+F

Gain remote control: Alt+Shift+R

Stop remote control: Alt+Shift+G

The following keystrokes are available when the meeting control toolbar has focus.

Launch share screen window and stop screen share: Alt+S

Start or stop new screen share: Alt+Shift+S

Pause or resume screen share: Alt+T

All that came from pressing Insert W in JAWS, when Zoom had focus.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close

Stevenage

Hertfordshire

SG1 4PW

T: +44(0)1438-742286

M: +44(0)7956-334938

F: +44(0)1438-759589

E: steve@...

If you go to the Zoom.us website you will find a section on Accessibility and you will then find all the possible keyboard commands for Zoom.

I suggest that you create a free account on the Zoom website to be assured that you get the latest updates as Zoom releases updates for the desktop and smart phone devices about every other week. There is no charge to create a free account.

Milton Ota

ICAN Island Computer Access Now

4273 Coventry Dr., S.

Unit E

Fargo, ND 58104-4498

Ph: (701) 731-0511

Email: mota1252@...

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

" I am just wondering what are the benefits of signing up for a
free account as opposed to not bothering?"

I can answer that question. First off, with a Zoom account, it is much easier to set Zoom up so that, when joining a meeting, you connect to the meeting audio right away. Other settings are possible as well such as not having video on unless you turn it on, having participants and chat windows easily reached with the F6 function key, etc.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

Milton, I am just wondering what are the benefits of signing up for a
free account as opposed to not bothering?

If you go to the Zoom.us website you will find a section on
Accessibility and you will then find all the possible keyboard commands
for Zoom.

I suggest that you create a free account on the Zoom website to be
assured that you get the latest updates as Zoom releases updates for the
desktop and smart phone devices about every other week. There is no
charge to create a free account.

Milton Ota

ICAN Island Computer Access Now

4273 Coventry Dr., S.

Unit E

Fargo, ND 58104-4498

Ph: (701) 731-0511

Email: mota1252@... <mailto:mota1252@...>

crayton Benner <craybay3198@...>

Yes. I agree with that. That’s why I signed up for one not to long ago.

On Mar 4, 2022, at 12:09, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

Greetings:

[...]

Larry McMillan

Thank you very much!