moderated Trouble Using BrailleBlaster2 with JFW and Braille Edge

Dani Pagador

Hi, Guys.
I am a dyed-in-the-wool DBT user who wants to learn to use
BrailleBlaster 2. I'm using Win10 and JFW2021 with a BrailleEdge.

I can't seem to do anything in BrailleBlaster. I can type text that
gets echoed back if I have the JFW echo function set to do it. The
arrow keys don't read back what has been typed, so I wouldn't be able
to edit if I make a mistake. I can see text on the BrailleEdge, but
can't use the cursor routing buttons to do anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dani

Bill White

Hi, Dani. I don't use the text edit field to write text into a document. Instead, I put what I want to braille or emboss into a document. Then I copy it to the clipboard, and insert it into the BrailleBlaster text edit field. If I want it to come up as uncontracted braille, I set it that way. If I want it to come up as contracted braille, I also set it that way. Then I write the resultant file to a brf file, and transfer that to my Orbit20 reader.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...