moderated Question regarding the recycle bin.

Albert Cutolo

Good morning everyone, 

Using the latest Jaws 2022 and windows 10 on a laptop computer,

When I go into my recycle Bine,  is their a option where you can restore an item that you might have accidently deleted, or is their also an option where you can restore all items if necessary?  If so, where in the recycle bin  can I find either one or both of these buttons or options? 

Thanks in advance for any and all help and advice,  Al

Adrian Spratt

Press enter on the file you want to restore. The restore option will appear immediately. Press enter again. It will be restored to its original location.

--

My novel Caroline is now available in paperback, Kindle and audiobook versions: https://adrianspratt.com/book/

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 12:38 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Question regarding the recycle bin.

Good morning everyone, 

When I go into my recycle Bine,  is their a option where you can restore an item that you might have accidently deleted, or is their also an option where you can restore all items if necessary?  If so, where in the recycle bin  can I find either one or both of these buttons or options? 

Jacob

Selct the item you want to restore with the arrow keys and then right click Shift+F10 and hit Enter on Restore.

To restore all use CTRL+A to mark all and then the same procedure :-)

OZ0TE Jacob

On 2022-02-22 at 06:38 Albert Cutolo wrote:

Good morning everyone, 

Don Walls

What I’ve done is press the applications or context key (or one could use shift F10), then press v and move the file to where you want it.

Don

Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 9:38 PM

Good morning everyone, 

When I go into my recycle Bine,  is their a option where you can restore an item that you might have accidently deleted, or is their also an option where you can restore all items if necessary?  If so, where in the recycle bin  can I find either one or both of these buttons or options? 

Dale Heltzer

The Application Key (usually on the righthand side of the keyboard, between the Windows Key and Control Key) when pressed will give you options, the first of which is Restore deleted item.

To restore more than one item, select items in the usual way and proceed.

HTH

Sent: Monday, February 21, 2022 11:38 PM

Good morning everyone, 

Karen Reynolds

And if you have a laptop and it doesn’t have one of these keys, surprise mine doesn’t, I discovered shift plus f10 works. Someone mentioned right shift, but I usually use my left shift, so it must work too.

Karen

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dale Heltzer
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:14 AM
Subject: Re: Question regarding the recycle bin.

The Application Key (usually on the righthand side of the keyboard, between the Windows Key and Control Key) when pressed will give you options, the first of which is Restore deleted item.

HTH

Good morning everyone, 

Adrian Spratt

I’ll reiterate that pressing enter on the filename immediately brings up “Restore.” No need to worry about applications keys and their variants.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Karen Reynolds
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 2:30 PM

And if you have a laptop and it doesn’t have one of these keys, surprise mine doesn’t, I discovered shift plus f10 works. Someone mentioned right shift, but I usually use my left shift, so it must work too.

Karen

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dale Heltzer
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2022 10:14 AM

HTH

Good morning everyone,