From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Madison Martin
Sent: February 15, 2022 02:20 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: problems with links

Hi all,
Lately I've been having lots of problems with links within email messages;
sometimes I get a message saying "no link type fields, check for link type
fields using insert f5" and sometimes when I enter on a link (often an
unsubscribe link) nothing happens even though it looks like a link and Jaws
tells me that it's a link. This happens even when I'm not using the links
list dialog. Any idea what could be causing these issues and what I might be
able to do to resolve these issues? Using latest versions of Jaws, Office
365 and Windows 11, really hope someone can help me as there are 5
newsletters that I really want to unsubscribe from.
Madison

Mario

Madison, for a work around, since you're having difficulty activating the unsubscribe link, you can always login to the website from where the newsletter comes from, and find out how to unsubscribe.

Lately I've been having lots of problems with links within email messages;
sometimes I get a message saying "no link type fields, check for link type
fields using insert f5" and sometimes when I enter on a link (often an
unsubscribe link) nothing happens even though it looks like a link and Jaws
tells me that it's a link. This happens even when I'm not using the links list
dialog. Any idea what could be causing these issues and what I might be able to
do to resolve these issues? Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and
Windows 11, really hope someone can help me as there are 5 newsletters that I
really want to unsubscribe from.
Madison

.

Madison Martin

Thanks JM; however sadly that didn't work, there was a copy option but when I
tried to paste it into my browser nothing showed up.

Not sure of a real/permanent solution to your problem, but have you tried
accessing the context menu for each link? Should be something there that can
help you, wehre you can open the link in whatever is the default browser, or
perhaps copy it to paste in an address bar later.

Lately I've been having lots of problems with links within email messages;
sometimes I get a message saying "no link type fields, check for link type
fields using insert f5" and sometimes when I enter on a link (often an
unsubscribe link) nothing happens even though it looks like a link and Jaws
tells me that it's a link. This happens even when I'm not using the links list
dialog. Any idea what could be causing these issues and what I might be able to
do to resolve these issues? Using latest versions of Jaws, Office
365 and Windows 11, really hope someone can help me as there are 5 newsletters
that I really want to unsubscribe from.
Madison

Madison Martin

Thanks; however I didn't find any info on any of the sites about how to unsubscribe

[...]

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

When I was inadvertently subscripted to the New York Times for daily news, I had to copy the entire email into Note Pad and scrape the text of the unsubscribe link by hand. The link was incredibly long, and that process proved much more satisfactory.

Just a thought.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Thanks for the suggestion Curtis; however sadly that didn't work as these newsletters are in tables and when I put it in Word all of the links disappeared.

[...]

Madison:

You have to infer the link by examining the string of text and ensuring that the text is not broken up by line breaks (i.e., paragraph marks). You do a paste special (CTRL+ALT+V) in Word and search for a paragraph mark (^p) to see if the link itself is chopped.

Curtis

From: Madison Martin [mailto:Madison.Martin2000@...]
Date: Tuesday, February 15, 2022, 2:19 PM
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Hi all,
Lately I've been having lots of problems with links within email messages; sometimes I get a message saying "no link type fields, check for link type fields using insert f5" and sometimes when I enter on a link (often an unsubscribe link) nothing happens even though it looks like a link and Jaws tells me that it's a link. This happens even when I'm not using the links list dialog. Any idea what could be causing these issues and what I might be able to do to resolve these issues? Using latest versions of Jaws, Office 365 and Windows 11, really hope someone can help me as there are 5 newsletters that I really want to unsubscribe from.
Madison

.

Madison Martin

How do I know if my virtual cursor is on?

Thanks JM; however sadly that didn't work, there was a copy option but when I
tried to paste it into my browser nothing showed up.

Lately I've been having lots of problems with links within email messages;
sometimes I get a message saying "no link type fields, check for link type
fields using insert f5" and sometimes when I enter on a link (often an
unsubscribe link) nothing happens even though it looks like a link and Jaws
tells me that it's a link. This happens even when I'm not using the links list
dialog. Any idea what could be causing these issues and what I might be able to
do to resolve these issues? Using latest versions of Jaws, Office
365 and Windows 11, really hope someone can help me as there are 5 newsletters
that I really want to unsubscribe from.
Madison

Curtis Chong

Press the plus key on the numeric keypad. If using Laptop keyboard, Caps
Lock with semicolon.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Karen Reynolds

Hi Madison,
I've had problems where arrowing down a page does not give me access to some
links. If I press enter on one it will send me into the from line on the
message. When this happens, I go back to the message and use u to go through
the unvisited links. When I get to the one I want, I press enter. That seems
to work for me right now.

Karen