moderated Reading characters and word when typing

Christine Moore

My employer has recently tinkered with Microsoft on my work computer. I am now unable to hear a word that I have just written only individual characters. They have tried to look into JAWS 19 I do not know how to rectify it. Is there a quick action I can do to enable the median of the word just typed as well as a character?
Thank you in anticipation

Kind regards
Christine Moore

Lee Anne Atkinson

Hi,

I am not sure if this is what you are looking for. If you use the key
combination of JAWS key +2 you can cycle through the choices of JAWS echoing
the character, both characters and words or none, which would make it
silent.

Hope that helps,

Lee Anne

My employer has recently tinkered with Microsoft on my work computer. I am
now unable to hear a word that I have just written only individual
characters. They have tried to look into JAWS 19 I do not know how to
rectify it. Is there a quick action I can do to enable the median of the
word just typed as well as a character?
Thank you in anticipation

Kind regards
Christine Moore

Justin Williams

Insert in combination with the number 2 on the numberwill switch from
characters words, both characters and words, then none.

It cycles through.

Justin