From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Sunday, February 06, 2022 9:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: starting jaws 2022

Running latest version of Win 10 and jaws 2022. I do not have jaws
starting at boot up. When I use the jaws shortcut key control alt j to
start jaws it can take up to a minute before it starts talking. Is this
typical?
Thanks

Mike B.

I have found that using the shortcut keystrokes can take much longer than using a shorcut icon from the Taskbar to get not only Jaws started, but most other programs as well.

This is on both desktops and laptops all running the latest Win10 using SSD's.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool

This is not typical on my computer. Something else is happening on your system that is apparently getting in the way. Assuming you have a SSD flash disk drive. That really boosts performance.

Sincerely,

Curtis Chong

Running latest version of Win 10 and jaws 2022.  I do not have jaws
starting at boot up.  When I use the jaws shortcut key control alt j to
start jaws it can take up to a minute before it starts talking.  Is this
typical?
Thanks

Curtis Chong

Mike:

One thing I have learned is to use the Windows Run command over shortcut keys. Why? Because it does seem to work faster. So, for JAWS, perhaps you can conduct an experiment. Try entering jaws2022 into the run dialog and pressing Enter to see how long that takes. You start the Run dialog by pressing WINDOWS+R.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

This is not typical on my computer. Something else is happening on your system that is apparently getting in the way. Assuming you have a SSD flash disk drive. That really boosts performance.

Sincerely,

Curtis Chong

Running latest version of Win 10 and jaws 2022.  I do not have jaws
starting at boot up.  When I use the jaws shortcut key control alt j to
start jaws it can take up to a minute before it starts talking.  Is this
typical?
Thanks

Mike B.

Hi Curtis,

Using my Taskbar pinned icons with the appropriate keystroke and using the Run command are pretty equal, and both are a hell of a lot faster than using an assigned keystroke from the JAWS desktop icon properties.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.
Sent from my iBarstool