From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2022 5:14 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: activating a braille display

Trying to activate a packmate braille display with JAWS2022. In the JAWS
menu under basics, Braille says 'active display is no display; default is
packmate". Under utilities it asks which display I want
JAWS to use at start up, and I tell it packmate. Restarting JAWS,
in basics, it says "active display is no display"; "default is packmate". I
have a focus 44, which works just fine, so it probably isn't the Windows
Braille settings.
What am I missing???

Thx

Ann Byrne

It is connected via the same cable/port that the focus was using successfully.

At 05:43 PM 1/29/2022, you wrote:
Have you tried different USB ports either on a hub or on the computer?

Trying to activate a packmate braille display with JAWS2022. In the JAWS
menu under basics, Braille says 'active display is no display; default is
packmate". Under utilities it asks which display I want
JAWS to use at start up, and I tell it packmate. Restarting JAWS,
in basics, it says "active display is no display"; "default is packmate". I
have a focus 44, which works just fine, so it probably isn't the Windows
Braille settings.
What am I missing???

Thx

Milton Ota

I suggest that you might want to try a different port.

At 05:43 PM 1/29/2022, you wrote:
Have you tried different USB ports either on a hub or on the computer?

Trying to activate a packmate braille display with JAWS2022. In the
JAWS menu under basics, Braille says 'active display is no display;
default is packmate". Under utilities it asks which display I want
JAWS to use at start up, and I tell it packmate. Restarting JAWS,
in basics, it says "active display is no display"; "default is
packmate". I have a focus 44, which works just fine, so it probably
isn't the Windows Braille settings.
What am I missing???

Thx

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

I doubt that Packmate is at all supported any longer by Vispero. I don’t think you are missing anything.

Worst case, take it up with Vispero technical support.

Apologetically,

Curtis Chong