moderated Sending Files via Slack with JAWS

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Hi All,

For anyone who uses Slack, can you tell me how to attach a file to be sent using JAWS?  There used to be a button that would let you upload a file from your laptop, but I think something may have changed with the interface.  I can find the “Send Now” button easily, but it is greyed out since I haven’t attached a file yet.

When I google this, it says to drag and drop the file, or click on the plus button next to where you type your message.  I cannot get either of those methods to work using JAWS.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Pam

James Homuth

Hey Pam,

The button you’re looking for, at least for me, says “attachments and shortcuts”. Activate that, you’re dropped into an edit combobox. If you down arrow a few times, you should come to “upload a file from your computer”. I can’t tell you how many times to down arrow, because that depends on how your particular shortcuts and other utilities in that list are set up.

For anyone who uses Slack, can you tell me how to attach a file to be sent using JAWS?  There used to be a button that would let you upload a file from your laptop, but I think something may have changed with the interface.  I can find the “Send Now” button easily, but it is greyed out since I haven’t attached a file yet.

When I google this, it says to drag and drop the file, or click on the plus button next to where you type your message.  I cannot get either of those methods to work using JAWS.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Pam

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Hi James,

Thanks so much.  There was a lot of other stuff in that combo box and I guess I must have missed it.  Got it now